Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
SJ suspension bushes - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

SJ suspension bushes

Anyone got any experience of the Polyurethane bushes that appear to be in two halves?  Are they any good?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Their main benefit is ease of installing. Similar bushes are very popular with Land Rovers, but only Super Pro seems to give decent performance. All the other (cheaper) brands are way too harsh.

On a car like a Lotus, the correct resistance is much more important. Especially because most bushes are loaded as part of the suspension design, which is why you need to tighten the bolts with the suspension under load.

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I'm sure he would have come up with an interesting solution if asked to design a car suspension. 🙂

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• 7 months later...

I bought a set but found them too hard to press into their mounting positions. Perhaps they have already been in storage for many years, resulting in hardening.

They can be a PITA to install! Plenty of lube and the correct sized dowels help.