Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engine Mounts - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine Mounts

Seb
Go to solution Solved by C8RKH,

Rear engine mount seems to be shot on my Evora. And I see others seem to have a same struggle...
The official part numbers are D132A0224J (rear) and A132F0226J (front).
Does anyone know if Evora 400's equivalent D132A0576J (rear) and C132A0695J (front) work with S1 evora, or is there any changes between them in the way they wouldn't bolt up? I've never encountered anyone complaining about mounts in the S2 cars, so they must be improved...
I've also been said to avoid poly mounts such as 'Innovative' because they vibrate the whole car at idle...does anyone have any experience with them?
Ultimately, I'd just like to know which one to order for the longevity, hopefully for the next 10 years.
Thanks so much!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I believe that they changed the engine mounts in the 2012+ cars. I would think that's a straight swap, not sure if they sell the originals and the new ones or if they just completely changed to the new ones and that's the part number you have quoted?

There were 2 variants due to the fact the demands on them are different based on weight and power of the models. The actual mounts would fit, it's the rubber bushing that differ and would provide a different feel. The later variants continue to be used on the Emira.

Also, I haven't heard that the original parts are a "struggle" but understand that some will be pushing 14 years old and a "wear out" item. Comparing old (broken) against new rubbers whether you go for original spec or the later ones would be tricky to judge either way. They'll surely be an improvement? 

• Gold FFM

Hey Jaws, always interesting to get your insight. My understanding was that they changed the mounts to reduce 'kangarooing' and also reduce engine movement during extreme handling.

I cannot remember for the life of me where I read it now...

Well it was an Evora 400 change along with various "stiffening" of things and changes across the board, so would have been a consideration.

I can't say that I've heard issues of Evora N/A or S "kangarooing". Personally I'd be replacing like for like. From memory (albeit near 10 years ago) changes to ancillary bits etc were made (exhaust hanger on the mount, fixing points?) For the 400 so you could be opening a can of worms and having to fabricate or change other components to possibly make them fit.

• Solution

@Seb if it was me I would go with the "originals" or the 2012 revisions, but not the 4xx ones.  Lotus knew what they were doing when they specified these items and I wouldn't have the experience to suppose to better their knowledge and experience. Do you?

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The stiffer mounts were meant to deal with engine movement during tip-in and tip-out, when the throttle is depressed and released. I've never know it to be an issue on S1's to be fair so I'm sure the original mounts are 100% the way forward for you. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe a bit late comment, but I went for the red Innovative (75 Sh I believe) engine mounts, when I replaced my engine a few years ago and I wouldn't say that it disturbs me. A droning Lotus Motorsport "silencer" dominates NVH by far, followed by road noise and intake sound/noise from the BOE Cold Air Intake (foam filter). Since then I have also elaborated on different suspension upgrades and that makes everything a bit more critical; rattling panels and so.

However, I have read some comments somewhere about issues with broken Innovative mounts and poor response from the producer. That is all I know.

• Like 1