Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Invitation to configure - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Invitation to configure

Scrute

Has anyone else had an email saying “it’s now time to configure?”

I locked in my config last year so I rang customer services. They’re using a new system and they said an email was sent to all deposit holders even the ones that are already set. advice was to ignore the email. 
But now there’s a chaser saying if you don’t do it you’ll miss the June build (where mine is supposed to be!) - makes me very uncomfortable that there’s two systems and they’re not correctly registered with customer builds… 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This comment is not going to help @Scrute, so apologies, but, "welcome to Lotus 2.0....."

If you can I would email Lotus Customer Services to get a response in writing to provide the assurance you are looking for.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So… 

When I rang customer services first time, the person thought I was describing the email that was asking for the second payment. Hence ignoring it. 

I called again and the person said “oh yes you definitely have to go into the portal and check / change / confirm or you won’t be included in the June builds. 

I described to him how ridiculous the comms are getting and he agreed. The customer services team were caught out by the new portal and tracking system.

But - a very interesting point, they told me that at this point, the config CAN be changed if it’s locked in by the deadline!!! So having locked in last year and told any minor change would be a delay, that’s now not the case. 

or maybe it is the case and they were wrong again. Let’s see! 

Edited by Scrute

• 2 weeks later...

Had an email today - inviting me to configure.   "If you would like to be driving an Emira earlier than you’re currently expecting, we are able to offer an opportunity to improve your current production estimate. To seize the opportunity and progress your reservation, you will need to confirm your Emira configuration in My Lotus before 12pm 29 March 2023."

Doesn't say how much earlier, my build is currently scheduled for Q3 2024.

I'm guessing with news that the US cars have slipped they have production slots to supply more UK cars, so are inviting folk to configure early.

2021 Lotus Elise Sport 240 FE in Solid Red, Red Interior Colour Pack, AirCon, Floor Mats, Cruise Control, Stereo, Satin Anthracite 10-spoke forged wheels.

Yep, the email links to it, you enter the same email as used to place the reservation and then you're sent a one time code to get in.  Haven't done it yet as mulling over what to do - may stick with Q3 2024 as gives me more time to sort out what I'm doing. 

2021 Lotus Elise Sport 240 FE in Solid Red, Red Interior Colour Pack, AirCon, Floor Mats, Cruise Control, Stereo, Satin Anthracite 10-spoke forged wheels.

I think a few folk who have had this are reaching out to find out how much earlier this may result in. Somebody else who has their car now said his was 56 weeks from Config to Checkout. Lots of speculating.

Maybe you’ll get a similar email too.

All I know for sure is First Edition V6 Manual, the rest is still to be decided. Currently thinking Blue or Yellow and pretty sure sports suspension but I’ve looked in the website configurator loads .. with full black pack, just lower black pack, almost every time I look I come up with a new mix! 

Last weekend the chap with a yellow Emira at refuel, was saying that anyone who was not too particular with their Emira options may be able to get one quicker than expected. Sounds like they have some earlier availability due to cancelled orders. He went to see his Emira in build at the factory - think he mentioned about going with/or at the same time as Harry M.

well, I just logged in via the link from Webfoot, to find a couple of my config details to be wrong (details that were changed via email several months ago). It also stated the March 29th deadline (though I have not received an email about this). So I clicked the 'change config' button, which didn't seem to work, so I clicked the chat button.

Got a helpful response (I think human) who advised trying again, and give it 30 secs to respond this time.  I did, and it worked.  I changed the config, and submitted it.

It now says my car is set for production.

Who knows??

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 1

Getting Older!

So all a bit confusing, but if it works, I'm happy.

I wasn't expecting it till Q2 or 3 of 2024, so any advance on that would be a bonus.

She said, it's 'possible' the build could be moved forward.

Interesting note about March 29th being a point at which they're going to 'Review all orders', so production & deliveries should be known after then.

J

4.PNG

Getting Older!

• 2 weeks later...

Had any more info on yours since locking the configuration in?

No, not a dickie bird.

I'm sure it's still way off. Will just be pleased if it's earlier than original prediction.

The March 29th / Midday thing was probably a red herring for me, sure that must'a been intended for folk nearing their delivery date.

J

Getting Older!