Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Anyone Else Been Ill, Ill and more Ill recently? - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Anyone Else Been Ill, Ill and more Ill recently?

Kimbers

I should mention that before Covid reared its ugly head I was a relatively healthy individual. I caught Covid round about Dec 2019/Jan 2020 when it was all new and no one knew much about it. I was obviously a pre-production model !

By Feb/March 2020 my breathing was so bad I required to go to hospital. I had also lost my sense of taste and smell for 28 days prior to this although the NHS said this (anosmia) wasn't a Covid symptom. Much later I found out I was one of the very 1st people to associate anosmia as a Covid symptom. Must have been the pre-production testing phase 🤣

6 months later I still had little sense of taste and smell (onions and garlic smelt and tasted funny, dog shit didn't smell etc....) I also felt very nauseous at times and suffered from severe fatigue. I needed to sleep about 14 hours a day. 

Over the next 3 months my sense of taste and smell came back exponentially. It's now back to 100%. My fatigue and nausea has gone, although I still have a kip late afternoon but this is due to age 

The NHS weren't interested back in 2020 in where I'd been and where I thought I had caught Covid from, despite latterly making big noises about "track and trace" Incidentally, I think I caught it in Spain (2 trips either side of Xmas 2019) or the ENT dept of my local hospital in Jan 2020 !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well, the wife and I have yet to test positive for C19 but just lately have suffered what we believe to be the respiratory infection named RSV. Began some 5 weeks ago when she developed dry-ish cough, sore throat, loss of voice, and itchy, inflamed eyes. Bad enough by week 2 that she was off to visit the Doc, who had little to offer other than which over the counter meds best to mitigate. I swanned along in pretty fair shape for the 2 weeks she took to recover then developed the same symptoms, though a mite milder and absent the loss of voice. Coming around nicely at about my 2 week point I resumed ice hockey over 2 sessions then relapsed a bit, now clearing up about a further week on. I suspect the vigorous skating was contrary to my recovery in this instance.  Both she and I are mid- '60's and in good overall health, fit and rarely experience flu's or colds of consequence. Bit of a rough ride with this bug, though nothing by comparison with others posting here.

FWIW

Cheers

Are those all @Kim.com's cars?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Update on this latest respiratory bug, still hanging about congesting my sinuses and troubling the lungs a touch. Farking obstinate.

• Sad 3

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Are those all @Kim.com's cars?

Only the gorgeous Seven.  They are mainly owned by Søren Sørensen; those in our CPH day out years ago will remember visiting his cycle shop.  I'm currently putting his bronze Esprit back together after a head rebuild.  And it is indeed full of treasure.  Some incredible classics upstairs too!

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again we are a house of illness. Wendy has real Flu, not man flu. Temp 38.9 Chest infection, full of snot etc. And she's never ill, even when she is, if you know what I mean. 3 days in bed so far!

So between the 2 of us, since Just before Christmas, we have had 2 x COVID, 2 x Flu, 4 x Colds, 1 x Bacterial chest infection, 2 x RSV.

I can't say we have 100% recovered from anything before it all comes round again! 

• Sad 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer