Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Tansport. Bedfordshire to Suffolk. - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Tansport. Bedfordshire to Suffolk.

JR

Don't know if anyone can help - but this forum has always been fab in answering my daft questions.

We are in the process of moving from Bedfordshre to Suffolk. My Esprit is being picked up from Storage and getting its C service and MOT at the end of June. I then need it to be (safely) transported from Beds to Suffolk. Does anyone know peeps (who know what they are doing) who are good at this sort of service? I cast my net out on the internet to some "classic car transportation" folk - one has (so far) responded with a quote of £435. That seems a little steep to me (will gladly take it on the chin if forum users say that's the going rate). Anyway - thought I'd ask...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can I suggest something? If your car is being picked up and taken to a garage for its C service (is it Allon White?) why not ask them to transport your car to its onward destination in Suffolk. Or at least ask them for a quote.

I think the rule of thumb is about £1/mile but you need to factor in the chap has to get home too. You could look on Shiply but the actual person who turns up can be a bit pot luck. That said, I've moved Esprit's twice with them and been lucky both times (or it's just a decent service as it happens!). 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 19/03/2023 at 14:41, Bibs said:

I think the rule of thumb is about £1/mile but you need to factor in the chap has to get home too. You could look on Shiply but the actual person who turns up can be a bit pot luck. That said, I've moved Esprit's twice with them and been lucky both times (or it's just a decent service as it happens!). 

I've used Shiply, and will do again, but its just luck if you get a canute or not!

For moving an Esprit, I'd want someone established and not take chances.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JR said:

Thanks everyone. This issue now sorted. Yet again, this forum a lifesaver.

Do share your experiences after the move. Of have you decided to drive it after all?

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Escape said:

Do share your experiences after the move. Of have you decided to drive it after all?

Got a bunch of quotes ranging from 250 to 400. Took the least expensive. The people doing the gig came with great refs from the peeps doing the service. I will keep the forum posted after the event!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeilP said:

Shaun at Road to Race (Wilden, Bedford) has a covered trailer. It’s not his main business to transport cars but might quote you.

Thanks - but this now sorted!

• 4 months later...