Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Hi all, a quick intro - Introductions - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Hi all, a quick intro

AndyH60

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome Andy and congratulations on the Esprit. Sounds like a wicked fun career, where are you now?

Also, as ex-Lotus I'll pop you a free year's subs to being a Full Member :thumbup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Welcome to TLF Andy!

We look forward to seeing some pics of your Esprit.

Greetz,

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hi Bibs.

Top man :) 

Im currently at Tata Technologies working on the Vinfast VF8 and VF9 projects out of Vietnam, been doing that for 18 months now, most of it in HaiPhong. Back in the UK since Feb this year. Just took a new role at Yazaki Europe as European EDS systems manager, so looking forward to going to Cologne and back to Japan for the odd trip but still in electrical engineering (Harness, fusing, Electrical and electronic units etc)

I just got all the details on the S2 so i will fill it in on the register, as i couldnt see it on there.

She is a Carnival Red, with Black Leather and Marcasite interior. Although someone has re-trimmed the seats but not in leather, so looking now to get the seats retrimmed to correct spec.

• Like 1

When the winter comes i will be sending her out for a top quality paint job to restore her to the proper finish. Not sure if i will keep her in Carnival red or add a pearl to it to update the look, but will be based on Carnival red base.

Just want to get to enjoy it this summer, so any meets etc, ill try to get there.

Mechanically she is as about perfect as possible, last owner spent £12+k to get everything done to his standards.

• Like 1

I was in Paris for the launch, would have been an epic car (and the Elan to be honest!) but it's a shame Uncle Dany's substance wasn't as impressive as his hair :D

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Andy. :welcome:

I had a red S4 with a black interior so you get my vote on colour combination.

Great looking career summary. The Esprit did look good, but I was sold on the Elite. Just loved it.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

And the serious amount of embezzlement going on at the time...NICE HOUSE :)

Should never have gone to Swindon Engines for the powerplant either, let alone Mr Wolf being project manager. As for the Ferrari powered prototype crash, we wont talk about that either haha. Loved my time in Hethel, made some great friends there, cant remember the guys name in the stores (He rode a ZX7R) a great guy.

I'm up there on Friday, it's buzzing at the moment. 

Yes, Wolf was a mad genuis but his friends at HWA did 9 figures well I'm sure and as for Dany, he couldn't buy all those hair products on his own! Wasn't it his wife's Dad's 458 he lumped?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Rolled over? As in crashed?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yep, its a test track and that kind of stunt happens from time to time.

Sadly it was the only powertrain prototype built and was trashed, and the program got cancelled pretty soon after that :(

I did enjoy the Lotus historic days though, the JPS Senna car hooning round the track was pure music. Loved the Active Esprit in the main engineering building 1st floor as well....happy days at Hethel.

I used to sit next to Bee's (think that was his nickname) when doing the Esprit project.

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It's a test track, these things do happen from time to time. 

Ouch. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Andy assume you didn’t sign NDC/NDA and are ok to speak freely?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

• 1 month later...

Identical spec to my S2, at least when it was original. Interestingly they've done the same to your seats as mine which were leather on the build sheet but replaced with cloth at some point.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

• Gold FFM

Lovely car - if he's not on here the previous owner is/was definitely on some of the Lotus Esprit Facebook groups, as I've seen it there many times. From the previous descriptions I'd seen sounds like a very well sorted car, I hope you enjoy driving it!