Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
My Emira Experience - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

My Emira Experience

KennyN

• Gold FFM

I’ve seen a few Emiras in the flesh now - absolutely beautiful things and all with scabby tops of doors.

we were promised this wouldn’t be the case with paint and build quality from Lotus - but they have epically failed customers. 

• Sad 2

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Agreed, they've clutched defeat from the jaws of victory quality wise with the majority of Emira's that I'm aware of.  It'll be interesting to see how the EV's fare....Made in China Vs Made in Norfolk.

• Gold FFM

I would suggest sadly the Chinese stuff will be amazing. It would not surprise me at all if the long term plan is to allow the uk manufacturing to fall on its own sword. They sure seem to be doing an incredible job of that and the guy at the top needs a firm kick in the plums as all of his promises so far have been worth feck all

Only here once

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I would suggest sadly the Chinese stuff will be amazing.

Sadly, I suspect that you might be right :( 

21 hours ago, ewand said:

How's the paintwork holding up on your Evora?

Very well. No issues at all!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm genuinely saddened by the increased negativity on the internet re the Emira. The reliability/tech issues are constantly being raised and the model is getting battered.

Lotus have, god knows how, really fooked itself over in the UK market. Again. It's unbelievable. Who is being held to account for the debacle at Lotus?

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I concur with the sentiments on this thread ; I have been a life- long fan of the marque ( like many born in the 50’s 60’s - James Bond and Emma Peel and all that). I am running a ‘98 Esprit GT3 and love every aspect of its ownership from the stunning positivity round B roads to the exhilarating surge ( albeit delayed !) of the turbo, to the garage workshop tinkering. I have been running an LE Evora for track but although the track performance is undeniably good, the seemingly endless ( and expensive) problems which centre on the gearbox are grinding me down and I am losing faith.

The Emira does not interest me apart from its looks from a distance :- too laden for track, and the poor finish when inspected up close, together with the -ve user experiences emerging on- line, make it an unattractive prospect for me ( even if the price slides lower).

I drive past B&C most days and the forecourt is stuffed with the Chinese SUV:- makes me nostalgic for the days when the forecourt was a serried rank of Esprit’s and the occasional Elan.

times they are a changin.

• Like 1

(The one and only....'Deep Purple' Esprit GT3)

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Lotus have, god knows how, really fooked itself over in the UK market. Again. It's unbelievable. Who is being held to account for the debacle at Lotus?

Bring back Dany :sofa:

• Haha 2

Only here once

Isn't he busy rebuilding his M100 @Barrykearley?

• Haha 1

The small print.

My first Evora was because Lotus said the new Esprit was just around the corner. I’m still waiting. As the Emira was at last the new replacement for the Esprit I decided that the i4 with its amg modern engine/ box would be my current Evora replacement. Three years on from first discussions and still no delivery date I don’t think I will likely have another new Lotus in the garage.  
On the other hand running this Evora for another 5years I could be just in time for a promise of a new electric Emira ‘just around the corner’. 😃

• Gold FFM

18 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Bring back Dany :sofa:

I see that his specially commissioned Esprit (the one that was supposedly going to come to market) is on PH'ds - POA.

(The one and only....'Deep Purple' Esprit GT3)

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Akajak said:

Seems on PHeads some have had their AmG versions delayed from this month to June 24!

unconfirmed but emissions testing was mentioned.

Not just some - all UK and Euro i4's - North America i4's until 2025!

• Sad 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

The Emira debacle is surely now morphing into a laughing stock, but I don't see many prospective customers laughing.

The small print.

Incredible to think that they officially announced the I4 at Hethel in July 2021 and yet American customers won’t see it until 2025. What have they been doing all this time? Haven’t deliveries to China already started? If not, are they buying V6 only?

It's not an uncommon timescale. Look at the richest man in the world, his cybertruck starts delivery now 4 years after being announced. I believe China does have the i4 but homologation over there is perhaps a simpler affair. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Let's not make excuses, it's not as if homologation was not known about, is not well documented. I think the question "what have they been doing all this time?" is an absolutely valid one.

Lotus created the hype. lotus whooped whooped re the "investment". Lotus bragged about world class quality. Lotus recruited hundreds. The net result. A bit of a shit show really. Who is being held accountable?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The small print.