Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Self-fit/Pre-Cut PPF - now available - UK supplier - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Self-fit/Pre-Cut PPF - now available - UK supplier

Go to solution Solved by C8RKH,

• Gold FFM

I've head dealings with Nick at Aliath in the past for headlight protectors (Evora and RR Velar) and black "shark fin" pieces (Evora).

I recently enquired about headlight protectors for my Emira (due soon...) and he's advised that a number of pre-cut PPF patterns are available and are now listed on his website here (there are 13 patterns over 2 pages) :

https://www.aliath.co.uk/search?page=1&q=emira

Please note that :

• I have no connection with Nick other than as a customer - but the pieces that I have had before for self-fit have been great!
  • I don't know anything else about the templates (e.g. do they wrap around or have visible edges?) or which specific film he uses so please direct any questions directly to Aliath
  • Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Solution

Don't know the brand but have had stuff from him for the VX and it's good - my suspicion is it is this stuff:  https://shop.gswf.com/products/usa-defender-ultra-protection-film

The Clear / Transparent Film

The clear / Transparent film we use is a high quality German made, stone guard specific protection film. Perfect for all of our protection film kits. 

•      
  • 150 Microns Thickness
  • Highly Transparent
  • Glossy Finish
  • Self Adhesive
  • 20 nm / 25 mm Adhesive power

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I bought a set for Evora headlamps about 3 years ago. They've just started to split a bit but for the money, great. The split may be road damage or end of life, I don't know but at £20, they do a job. 

My car is outside a lot, so wear is higher I suspect than a garaged Evora. 

Justin 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I ordered a small test and it seems "Stone Guard" ppf is used in all the kits which is really durable but not really suitable for bodywork as it is not self healing and scratches really easily. The manufacturer of the film has different produces which should be used for this. I think the brand is Oraguard.

Edited by Honcho

• Gold FFM

I've done my headlights and ordered for the black side sills (haven't attempted fitting yet) and it would appear to be this product (the only one listed as 0.150mm as stated by Aliath) - the carrier paper isn't specific though, other than a manufacturer logo : https://www.orafol.com/en/europe/products/oraguard-270-stone-guard-film

Manufacturer comparison brochure here : https://issuu.com/finishwa/docs/gi-stone-guard-films-en?fr=sODMyYTE2MTE0MDk which claims all are suitable for paintwork, are scratch-resistant and self-healing is listed in the product comparison table as "Good" for the Oraguard 270....

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)