Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Trouble launching Freescan - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Trouble launching Freescan

jkorvette

I have downloaded Freescan to my Dell Inspiron 15 laptop and purchased diagnostic cables from Sanjaya but Freescan is unresponsive when connected to my 89 Esprit Turbo.

No matter what settings, COM1, COM2, mS delay 1, 50, 100, key to on, engine running...Freescan will not launch/communicate.

My laptop has Windows 10, is that the problem? I saw another newer software version on Lotus Talk, should I try that?

Would really like to work with Freescan or something similar. Any advice? Thank you

Laptop freescan.jpg

freescan laptop screen.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, jkorvette said:

My laptop has Windows 10, is that the problem?

Probably, think it was written for Windows 95

Cheers,

John W

By the looks of it you're also using a serial to USB converter. Those are known to be troublesome. Apparently I'm very lucky my cheap one works with Freescan and Espritmon, but I did have trouble with MegaSquirt. Tried another type and everything was fine.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.