Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Eletre UK Delivery Delays - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Eletre UK Delivery Delays

aquiss

Good Morning,

I'm growing increasingly frustrated with Lotus UK and lack of any updates regarding my order. Is anyone else facing the same problems?

I gave Lotus my holding deposit the first week it was possible to do so. I then ordered and confirmed my spec within the first week of Feb 2023.

Since then I have no updates at all by email/letter etc (apart from them opening a new London showroom - which is some 180 miles from myself). I'm doing all the chasing.

I have been chasing updates over the phone every few weeks. First time I was told the car would be in my hands in September 2023, then I was told I had missed the first boat and would in my hands in November 2023. I am now told, as of yesterday, to expect delivery in Q1 2024 and that the factory is aware, but it's not even gone into build yet. Constantly I've been told, emails are going out this week, each time I call. Not one email has ever arrived. My allocated dealership is Birmingham, who seems to just be 1 person and keep referring me back to Lotus UK.

Yesterday I asked to raise a formal complaint and within a few hours got a reply, but their remarks were flippant and lacked anything information, apart from confirming the car "should" be in my hands in Q1 2024.

As someone who is new to the Lotus brand, it's coming across as a company who is simply not setup to deal with an influx of customers. I've never been treated so poorly with any other premium brand, as I am now. I'm growing concerned that I have simply put my faith in the wrong company and should be considering cancelling my order. They may have great products, but they don't appear to have a structure to support it.

Thanks in advance

• Confused 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't know if you are on this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/eletre there are similar experiences to yours on here. 

There were similar issues for the Emira launch/deliveries - some are on the Emira threads.

Lotus 2.0 as many have called the new Lotus way of working, with dealers (retailers) kept virtually in the dark as well. The direct delivery approach is becoming common to a number of manufacturers but Lotus seem to made a hash of it. 

There seems to be a hold up with UK Eletre for software updates/certification etc. I do hope when they start being delivered it is a great car. 

It is indeed very very frustrating.

I've ordered new release cars before, and always had monthly updates, even if it was just a holding message.

Knowing that 'some' cars are in production, that the first boat has sailed, whether one model/colour/destination is prioritised for the next production run, etc, would all be nice to know. 

I finally got word last week that mine is supposed to be November, but that was only after calling Lotus uk direct.

I've not had confirmation of anything yet.

I was also told that there are hundreds of cars in the uk, but all waiting on a software update to meet homologation requirements.

They seem to think that no news is better than bad news. That's just not true. If my car is delayed a couple of months, then I want to know straight away so I can mitigate that (I have a lease that is up soon). Silence is the worst news.

But.

It does appear that cars are now arriving in the uk, so they really do exist. So we are close to the end.

I also know friends buying existing models from German manufacturers that don't get any updates until the day before delivery, so this isn't uniquely a Lotus thing.

Crikey what is going on at Lotus today?

Received two emails today neither are in response to my chase up emails, although I am a little concerned with the second email referring to an Eletre Home charging solution; I was hoping a standard 7kW Type 2 charger would be ok 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I've had the same emails, not really anything useful with the 1st one.

A standard 7kW will be fine. The car will support up to 22kW, if you have a 3-phase supply, which is pretty rare in UK homes (though more common in Europe).

You certainly don't need the £1200 Indra option they have partnered with. A Zappi, for example, will be just fine.

2 hours ago, DarrylV8 said:

Crikey what is going on at Lotus today?

Received two emails today neither are in response to my chase up emails, although I am a little concerned with the second email referring to an Eletre Home charging solution; I was hoping a standard 7kW Type 2 charger would be ok 

I see on the FB group that today Lotus seem to have sent out loads of emails, causing no end of issues and confusion. Even one to a guy who had cancelled his order ades ago, discussing about its production/delivery. Speculation about all sorts of issues. They really need to get their comms sorted, seems even worse than Emira, suppose due to the extra volume of cars being made?

Got the same chargepoint email.

It doesn't look to be anything special.

I already have a Simpson & Partners 7kw chargepoint, which is excellent by the way, so I won't be taking up their offer.

I do have access to 3-phase supply, so an upgrade to a 22kw Simpson might be on my shopping list.

Yeah, I've got the former Simpson & Partners product, when it was known as Andersen. Had one issue and they sent an engineer out the next working day.

Sadly I'm limited to 100A, single phase here, but that been more than enough to charge the present Jaguar I-Pace from 5% to 100% overnight.

From a FB post...

he had a test drive at Goodwood Revival, made some comments about the drive and then said...

And delivery is gonna be very late! They are having severe software issues In the UK! Delivery can delay as long as to Feb 2024 in the UK!

image.jpeg.e60660b40c96bcabfc3f7d2da9fc052d.jpeg

• Sad 1

I'm wondering what needs to any different in the UK, through software, that would be causing such a delivery delay.

However, if they, by that I mean Lotus staff, are openly telling those at a public viewing, that issues in software are creating delays for delivery, they really should telling and engaging with those customers who trusted them enough to place holding deposits, the real reasons (if software issues is the real reasons). Too much smoke and mirrors currently.

I heard, from a completely unreliable source, that the software issue relates to the self-driving capabilities.

Basically they need reconfiguring to be compliant with UK and EU rules.

The software fix has to be applied to each car separately at dockside, and is not an OTA update.

It is a slow process

But I might be wrong...

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jimbobjoe said:

I heard, from a completely unreliable source, that the software issue relates to the self-driving capabilities.

If true, it seems a bit silly to hold back orders for those customers, such as myself, who didn't order self-driving.

48 minutes ago, hamza said:

I would have thought Lotus would just want to disable any self driving for now and get cars into customer hands with promises to enable self driving later (a la Tesla). Seems odd to hold back the whole car for that.

I absolutely agree. Get the cars out and get the cash coming in.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the Eletres are now beginning to arrive. I have a test drive booked for Wednesday (Kent) as dealers are now receiving their demonstrators. I recommend contacting dealers directly as the centralised Lotus system is giving back some rogue results. Bell & Colvill have had loads of bookings and so nothing available in the next couple of weeks.

I have also been invited to finalise my order and trade in details for delivery within a few weeks. 

Just booked my test drive for 10/10.  Exeter are doing three days a week and seems to be reasonable availability at the mo.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Think you will get the black one (think it's a base), saw it yesterday at a car show.

Think they may be taking it to SWLC on Saturday.

15 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

On the FB Eletre group, someone has reported that Birmingham have 5 customer cars on site.

I'm not on Facebook myself, but here is my problem with Birmingham (run by Rybrook).

I spoke to the sales lady on 19th September (again to see if she had any updates - because she had not returned a promised call or email). At no point did she mention cars were arriving and she's not even emailed me to say cars are on site. Below standard of service.

I've decided to engage with Northampton instead and a been speaking to a lady called Aimee. She's done everything she said she would and more. Stark contrast!

• Like 1

Thanks Bibs...that's really good to know. Well it's a small world with regards to Aimee lol. Nice to see someone so passionate about the brand.

I'm not entirely sure how the Silverstone site works, they don't appear to have any Eletre test car slots showing, so I'm guessing it's not a dealership as such?

• Like 1

Certainly my invite/booking from Lotus does not show Silverstone, had heard conflicting things that they were not doing Eletre at the moment (hence no test drive booking) , but also that they had 3 Eletre's on site. Lotus do seem a bit confusing to deal with.

We visited Silverstone Lotus to view the Eletre last year whilst the car was travelling around the retailers, was impressed with Aimee & Albert’s passion for Lotus

Although Albert last weekend said they had 3 Eletre being delivered, it looks like we need to book demo drive with JCT600 Bradford/Leeds

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430