Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Where to get rear brake hoses with a banjo fitting at one end? - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Where to get rear brake hoses with a banjo fitting at one end?

Hi all,

I`m after a set of rear brake hoses with the a banjo fitting at one end (for an m12 banjo bolt) and the standard fitting at the other. I`ve seen some kicking around ebay and such, but I don`t know the specs (length, thread at the non caliper end) of the originals to make sure they are the right thing. 

I found this page, but I`m not sure what to put in the options boxes - 

https://furoreproducts.co.uk/custom-brake-hose

many thanks! 

Mark

Edited by Mark Wainwright

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One of the 'usual parts suspects' will surely have the specs, and might have SS (stainless steel armoured) brake hoses in stock.  SJ or PNM

If you have the patience to wait for the hoses to be created, remove yours and bring them to an auto parts store (or speed shop). If they can't make them, they could refer you to someone locally.

• Like 2

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

thanks! will try those guys. SJ said don`t do anything that`s not original parts, but maybe the other guys will come though.

does anyone know what the union thread is?  or what is the parts cross reference for the rear hoses?  

Burton Power are near me, they might be able to make one up.

thanks,

Mark

thanks, yeah, the issue is I need a 12mm banjo on one end. so far SJ have said they don`t do them, Lotusbits also don`t, and they don`t know the thread size/type for the standard end.  when I eventually get to my lockup I`ll pick up one of the hoses and see if my local factor has anything I can compare to or can figure out what the thread is, thought I`d give it an ask on here fist tho.  :)

Your profile doesn't say what country you are based in but if in the UK have you tried contacting Goodridge direct   https://www.goodridge.co.uk/pages/contact-us

They do a standard Elite kit Lotus Elite All Variants Stainless Steel Brake Hoses | Goodridge – Goodridge

If they can't help I suspect very few other places will be able to either.

13 hours ago, EXCEL V8 said:

Think Automotive did mine.  I ordered the parts I needed, assembled them with the correct "hose" length (stainless braided PTFE) and sent them back to Think Auto for crimping.  Great service, if a little expensive.

Pete

Hey Pete, 

Thanks for that, do you know the standard fitting sizes/threads for the non caliper ends by any chance?   that`s really all i`m looking for, then I can shop around/get something made up.   So far not even the usual retailers can / will give me the fitting specs.
I don`t get a chance to go to the lock up very often so it would be super helpful if someone already has the spec for that union.  @EXCEL V8

many thanks! 

Mark

Edited by Mark Wainwright

On 22/09/2023 at 20:15, EXCEL V8 said:

Does the non-banjo end go into a bracket and connect to the hard line - essentially a bulkhead type fitting?  I'm an interloper here in the Esprit section as I only have an Elite 🙂.  

I think so!    I`ll have to check..   it may even be the same hose as the eclat/elite.   not 100% sure on that though,