Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Private Plates Lil Help Please - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Private Plates Lil Help Please

Kimbers

Hey everyone.

Never had to do this before, but I have bought Wendy private Plates for her new full time Business. WK ART, Perfect!

However I need some advice. I have the new V5C and Authority to fit certificate from the DVLA, however Wendy is not available to go get plates made up, so I need to do it!

However the car is in her name on all documents.

Can I still get the plate made up or does she need to come with me as it states "The owner must take a form of ID" to get them made.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have got some made in the past off ebay, they often don't give a monkeys for any paperwork. I have bought plates for other people/cars

Halfords and 'proper' places will need to see some paperwork, but I had no problem buying a set for the wife's car, just needed the retention certificate (number not back on car at the time).  Imagine if you take the V5 would have thought that would be enough. 

Remember the good old days you could get the adhesive blanks and stick on letters/numbers and make your own.

As above - any one of many show plate companies just google show plates.  If you basically want legal plates but just less hassle in getting them, then make sure you tick the boxes for standard size, standard font, and have the BS code shown.   You can legally do quite a bit with borders and badgesif you want, but fonts character size and spacing can get you pulled.  IMO always look nicer stuck on with pads rather than screwed.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

1 minute ago, MPx said:

IMO always look nicer stuck on with pads rather than screwed.

And try to get them on straight, always annoys me when I see a new car out where the dealer has not got the time to get them level.

• Like 1