Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Information about Evora GT410 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Information about Evora GT410

Relic222

I currently have an LE Evora, which I was planning on upgrading to an Emira in the future. The issue is my two sons are now old enough to sit in the back of the Evora, and we've had a few family trips out, 4 up, in the Evora. This obviously wouldn't be possible in the Emira, which would be a shame. That lead me onto looking for alternatives, and the Evora GT410 struck me as the ideal alternative - all the things I love about my Evora, but with more power and updated styling. In my brief search I noticed there's both a GT410 and GT410 Sport and wasn't completely sure on the details. From initial searching the Sport has carbon roof and rear window and stiffer suspension at the expense of some of the creature comforts like AC and heated seats. Are there any other differences? The non-Sport looks to be the better option for me (a bit more usable as a daily driver) but there seem to be fewer around. Is that the case?

Thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks @Bibs, I was trying to find something similar from Lotus themselves, but this is ideal. I wrongly assumed that they were released at the same time, I didn't realise the non-Sport model came after, which would probably explain why there are fewer around.

Those are the Lotus press releases so everything they published. The GT410 basically sits on Evora 400 suspension to ease the ride up, the GT410 Sport was a little stiffer and the GT410 was referred to as 'Phil's Spec' as it's what the then CEO Phil Popham would have specified for a daily driver for himself. A few people on here have changed the Sport suspension to non-Sport suspension. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Phil Spec is the one to have for regular use. Same with Emira, touring suspension a must. Sport suspension on Emira is far too jiggly on a bumpy UK B road. For me, it ruins the car but I suppose if you mainly do motorways or smooth roads, it won't be so obvious. Or if just used as a Sunday steed, it may be seen as entertaining.

Mr Popham spot on. 

Justin 

• Like 1

@MrBlueSky ha, same, I went to a car show last weekend in the Evora, and on the way back my wife and two boys all fell asleep. Definitely think the GT410 will be my preferred choice just a matter of finding one now. I'm in no rush, I still love me my LE Evora but will keep an eye on the market. 

I've always got the impression from discussions on here (TLF) that the GT410 Sport was the rarer of the two, but I do wonder now. Certainly looking at the GT cars that have come on the market in the last year or so, there appear to be very few non-Sports or Phil's spec as they are often called, coming up. Perhaps it's just a case that the owners are more than happy with the car and aren't selling.

I would be very curious to know how the build numbers are split between Phil's Spec and Sport

The Sport was released in 2018 so had two extra years of sales than the non-sport. We're now around 3 years since the non-sport went on sale, so we might start to see more of them come to the market. At least, that's what I'm hoping 😀