Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New Evora S owner - The fun begins - Evora Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New Evora S owner - The fun begins

TrevS

Hi all

So I’ve been on the forum for a while asking for lots of advice and looking for the right car but wanted to start a new thread to document how I get on now I officially own an Evora.

My Evora is a 2010 Evora S in ardent Red with 35k miles. I bought it from a fellow forum member on here who’s had the car for the past 10 years and is moving onto an Emira. Previously the car was owned by Craig Moncreiff and prior to that the car was owned by Lotus. The car has the full sports racer look with the black pack actually painted rather than wrapped like a factory SR and also has some sports racer recaro’s which look great.

I’m so happy with the car. It’s been well loved and I know the previous owner was sad to see it go but it’s gone to a good home.

I’m based just outside Rugby so hopefully I’ll get to meet a few of you in the local area at some events. Thanks also to everyone that's answered all my noobie questions (more to come) you've all been super helpful.

Here’s picture of the car when she arrived after a 6 hour drive home from Scotland. I’ll try and get some better pictures over the weekend.

Thanks

Trev

car.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So as with any car there are always things you spot that you'd like to change/address so I've started doing a list of jobs I want to do over the winter. Mostly these are costmetic as I'm quite particualr with my cars.

·       Remove aftermarket front splitter

·       Remove window stickers

·       Remove vinyl wrap on fluids hatch

·       Change A pillar trims from carbon to gloss black

·       Respray the front mouth mesh grille

·       Interior door handles need retrimming

·       Look at seeing if the gear cables adjusted to improve 1st gear selection

·       Get calipers repainted (not urgent as not terrible)

The first order of business is to remove any old stickers off the car and the previous owner also test wrapped the service hatch which I'm not a fan of.

IMG_4749.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

After a session with a hairdryer on the stickers she's been destickered and looking a bit more stock.

IMG_4754.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

IMG_4759.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 19:06, TrevS said:

It's better than I expected in a lot of ways but there are always jobs that you want to do as a new owner. I am very particular and like a more factory OEM look so after getting it home and having a look over my list is looking something like this

·       Remove aftermarket front splitter

·       Remove window stickers

·       Remove vinyl wrap on fluids hatch

·       Change A pillar trims from carbon to gloss black

·       Respray the front mouth mesh grille

·       Interior door handles need retrimming

·       Look at seeing if the gear cables adjusted to improve 1st gear selection

·       Get calipers repainted (not urgent as not terrible)

Completely agree with all of these (from only having seen the back of the car!). Black pack looks great on bright colours, but fluids hatch best in body colour. Faux carbon addenda is rarely good! Front grille often gets a bit crusty.

How does it drive? What tyres have you got on it?

It drives really well although I haven’t had time this weekend to get out in the car for a proper drive on roads I know.

In terms of tyres it’s got Michelin sport 4s’ on the rear and super sports on the front. I think I’m going to look to change the front to 4s’ to match the rears as the supersports look a bit too aggressive for normal road use. But let me know if you’d recommend something else.

If the backs have got plenty of tread left then yes I'd match them all up to PS4S.

But if the backs are getting towards the end of their life then I'd perhaps recommend a switch to Conti Sport Contact 7. Much more recent design than the PS4S and been beating them in tests (also - cheaper!). Primary benefits being outrageous wet weather grip, and better sidewall feel (ie they make the steering feedback •even• better than it already was). 

I put them on my car and the difference was absolutely huge (although tbf I had a strange Avon / Yokohama axle mix before). 

Are you still running the original head unit in the car? Whacking one in with CarPlay makes a big difference to usability!

• Like 2

The final job for the weekend was to get some kids seats sorted. I managed to find a pretty good fitting Graco high back booster from Halfords that fits well for my 4 year old and the outer grey is a good colour match for the original seat swab.

seat1.jpg.0cdad7b80a0e3a419ac54ed3f7a3ebcd.jpg

seat2.jpg.5afbad9a5d297766837e42cde832ada1.jpg

seat3.jpg.ef13ca25ec79121bc6e68822c21d6d05.jpg

Edited by TrevS
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, mcdonaa said:

Ahhhhem....

😉

(Sorry for the thread crash 😇)

IMG_0057.jpeg

Now that is stunning. Is this burnt orange? I do think red looks pretty bloody fantastic too.

car-garage.jpg

Edited by TrevS

7 hours ago, jerzybondov said:

If the backs have got plenty of tread left then yes I'd match them all up to PS4S.

But if the backs are getting towards the end of their life then I'd perhaps recommend a switch to Conti Sport Contact 7. Much more recent design than the PS4S and been beating them in tests (also - cheaper!). Primary benefits being outrageous wet weather grip, and better sidewall feel (ie they make the steering feedback •even• better than it already was). 

I put them on my car and the difference was absolutely huge (although tbf I had a strange Avon / Yokohama axle mix before). 

Are you still running the original head unit in the car? Whacking one in with CarPlay makes a big difference to usability!

Thanks for the tip on the tyres. They still have quite a bit of life in them at the moment but will have a look at Conti's when the time comes. As for the head unit it has a new pioneer unit in with carplay. Works an absolute treat

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
35 minutes ago, TrevS said:

Now that is stunning. Is this burnt orange? I do think red looks pretty bloody fantastic too.

car-garage.jpg

Thank you, yes - burnt orange. I love red on the Evora too... probably my favourite colour on a sports car.

Today's job was a bit of tricky one. I've removed the two aftermarket splitters that were on the car which took some patience as a couple of the extra rivnuts that had been installed to hold the splitter in place weren't seated and started spinning when trying to remove the bolt. I've had to take the heads off these bolts for now and will remove them over the next few days. Overall the car is defintely not as agressive not but I'm really liking stock now.

splitter-gone.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Gez, I’m really pleased with the car. The headlights were refurbed not too long ago so that’s why they look so good. I’d say the front end cosmetically is the only area that isn’t perfect. The front clam has quite a few chips which I guess is to be expected so at some point I’ll have the front end resprayed.  

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 12/11/2023 at 17:46, TrevS said:

I would hate to have a full black car, I think you'd be cleaning it every 5 minutes.

IMG_0583.jpeg.afab79b3dba09c0573e070e60629fd14.jpeg

Black is amazing 🙌 - just needs an occasional wash 😂

• Love 2

Only here once

Black is an absolute bugger to keep clean. Believe me, I have an M100 and a Peugeot van. Great when they're washed but 5 mins later ..... 

I have won two "2nd in class" awards in car shows with the M100 so it scrubs up well enough.

Congrats on the purchase. 😎

Supersports are great in warm conditions (wet or dry) but become more like bars of soap below 5DegC. PS4S have all of their positive qualities without this trait.