Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
First service - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

First service

Abgreenbank

So my emira is in Lotus Paris Ouest for its first ever vist and slightly late first service. Paris Ouest has just opened, i guess primarily for EV as not many will pay the emmissions tax of euro 60000 (from 1st jan) in france. The place is still under conversion but i have been in contact with them for a few months waiting for the service part to open. Mine is the first Emira they have seen.

its in for annual service

fix sport/track/tourning button and clips for cargo net (thats it for 13 months of ownership)

and the following recal items

2023/01R

2023/02R

2023/03R

2023/12

2023/16

2023/21

2024/14

Does anyone know what these are and is it all thats needed?

regards

Edited by Abgreenbank

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What happened to recalls:

2023/04

2023/05

2023/06

2023/07

2023/08

2023/09

2023/10

2023/11

2023/13

2023/14

2023/15

2023/17

2023/18

2023/19

2023/20?

Just asking....

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

So my emira is in Lotus Paris Ouest for its first ever vist and slightly late first service. Paris Ouest has just opened, i guess primarily for EV as not many will pay the emmissions tax of euro 60000 (from 1st jan) in france. The place is still under conversion but i have been in contact with them for a few months waiting for the service part to open. Mine is the first Emira they have seen.

its in for annual service

fix sport/track/tourning button and clips for cargo net (thats it for 13 months of ownership)

and the following recal items

2023/01R

2023/02R

2023/03R

2023/12

2023/16

2023/21

2024/14

Does anyone know what these are and is it all thats needed?

regards

Have you got access the any of the recall notes? They still don't appear on the Lotus VSI site - sight of copies would be nice....

Edit - found the titles of the first three on your list here https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/customer-service-product-recall 

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I call utter bollocks. Lotus say the part is "not available" so I presume that means they are NOT building any Emira's at the moment. Aye right!  Given this is a recall item you would have thought some common sense would occur. Ha....

Edited by Bravo73
  • Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Production and aftersales are completely different parts of the business and operate pretty much entirely independently. If parts are taken from production, it will means a car won't be built for the sake of a hose. 

I'd imagine that aftersales will have ordered the parts required but suppliers prioritise larger orders, Lotus have suffered this for decades now. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I get that @Bibs but the supplier will be the same in each instance which suggests to me that Aftersales are maybe a bit shite at managing their orders and stock!  There is no reason for a customer to be left hanging with a car less than 12 months old waiting for spare parts that are already in the factory.

I'd expect this of British Leyland in the 70's and 80's, not a current brand that has had at least billion invested in it recently.

There really is no excuse for this I'm afraid.

• Like 2

The small print.

• 2 weeks later...

In my past career I worked for two of largest tractor/machinery manufacturing companies in the world at top level and if a parts supply hit my desk I would be banging heads together with the management of the related departments. If the part is for a VOR order on a current production product and couldn't supply the part within 24 hours, the part would be taken from production or a stock machine or even a demo unit. As like any manufacturing there is always stock machine parked up somewhere in the organisation. If its a recall type upgrade parts replacement this was not introduced to the dealer network until all relevant parts were available but within a maximin within 21 days for all the machine identified for the recall. The car industry does not give a shit about its customers as they think we are all dumb idiots and they control the markets. I only buy my new cars from garages that bent over backwards with my demands for excellent service/parts and loan car backup. So no new Lotus on my shopping list at the moment. 

• Like 2

A practical and common sense approach @EvoraBob. Ever thought of sending your CV for a job in aftersales parts management for Lotus? By christ it feels like they need someone like you there.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
On 07/12/2023 at 16:20, C8RKH said:

What happened to recalls:

Just asking....

They aren't recalls.  They are service bulletins.  The ones with an R at the end are a recall.

The missing ones are probably not applicable to the vehicle - possibly for a different vehicle or specification of vehicle.

They're doing well if they are up to 14 in 2024 already (probably MY24, but still).

Dave

• 4 months later...

Just got my car back from its service, it was ready in mid April but I was away and unable to collect the car.

one item I have never heard of Is replacement of differential pressure sensors that involved removal and replacement of timing chain cover/ gasket (lot 8891364975, 8891607126, A132E6433SM

They also were unable to reset the service interval, some control unit needs to be replaced.

the good news I can now select kph or mph in vehicle settings , oh and the service was no charge due to the delays. However do you think it’s unreasonable for me to ask for the warranty to be extended to cover the 4 months with no car?

ab

I think it would be reasonable to ask re the warranty extension given the delays where not in your control and you have effectively been both denied use of the car for that period, and denied the benefit for that period of the warranty.

I thought the Emira was designed to be a daily driver, to tackle head on the Cayman and Porsche, but if this is the "service" level owners can expect I cannot see it being fit for purpose.

The small print.

I think the issue of no parts to order was a result of Lotus UK changing the parts ordering system, they closed the old one but the new one wasn’t functional,, (for nearly 2 months?) but this information wasn’t passed on down the food chain. 
I see no reason why the emira couldn’t be used as a daily driver.

So if the timing cover was removed and a new gasket fitted, how can this be done without removing the engine…. Maybe it was the valve covers removed and some senors replaced, can anyone confirm what the part numbers I mentioned actually are as maybe I am loosing something in the translation

had a quick afternoon drive, and yes still a huge smile on my face after…. And that’s what it was bought for

12 minutes ago, Abgreenbank said:

think the issue of no parts to order was a result of Lotus UK changing the parts ordering system, they closed the old one but the new one wasn’t functional,, (for nearly 2 months?) but this information wasn’t passed on down the food chain. 
I see no reason why the emira couldn’t be used as a daily driver.

So another Lotus own goal.

I never did say it couldn't be a daily driver, but, pointed out that owners who wanted a DD would not be happy with having to wait for 4 months due to "parts availability" issues, systems or physical.

The small print.