Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
…friendships are a funny thing… - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

…friendships are a funny thing…

cjtpb13

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Yes, @Bibshas much to answer for!  Certainly for me, buying a Lotus and joining TLF (then LEF) affected my life in many unexpected ways, and bore so many enduring friendships and more fun than you could shake a gearstick at.

An absolute pleasure to welcome you to our home, Christopher, and we will no doubt meet again soon...

• Love 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I couldn't agree more! Looking at my own situation, most if not all of my friendship have something to do with cars. But many have evolved way beyond the cars and will hopefully last longer than the cars.

It was a pleasure to meet you Christopher. It may be unlikely we see a lot of each other, I'd still like to consider you a new friend. 😉  There will always be a cold beer waiting for you at Exotics International. 🍻

• Love 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Filip indeed you have joined that list. 

I am however curious to know of other forum members that have had friendships begun because of this particular site. 

I have many friendships in the United States because of TLF that are in a similar way.  

• Thanks 1

Hey! Who had a naked woman sitting on him me or you?

I'm now worried cause that was my Stag party and I'm pretty sure you weren't there :P

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

15 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Hey! Who had a naked woman sitting on him me or you?

I'm now worried cause that was my Stag party and I'm pretty sure you weren't there :P

Was it mayo or cum in your face? 

/Kim 

Proud member of Watford Exotic Scandinavian Team...

That would be whipped cream mate. You imagine how it got where it was!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

I've always recalled this:

Your friends will know you better in the first minute, than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.

Richard Bach.

If it is the Richard Bach of Jonathon Livingston Seagull and Illusions fame, I did not know that it was a quote from him.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

14 hours ago, ramjet said:

I've always recalled this:

Your friends will know you better in the first minute, than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.

Richard Bach.

If it is the Richard Bach of Jonathon Livingston Seagull and Illusions fame, I did not know that it was a quote from him.

And who was it when my father stopped breathing and had to be resussed while I was away on business who called me all the way from Aus. @ramjet. Sorry I missed you off :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You're welcome @Kimbers. I would have liked to have met you as well when I was over there.

Anyway I met @Bibs. He showed me some of the photos. 😉

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 12/12/2023 at 14:44, cjtpb13 said:

…whether it is to be blamed upon age or just the opportunity for quiet reflective thought for that I do not know nor never will…which one anyone so chooses is upon themselves…
…as I find myself sitting at Heathrow looking out at the gloomy rain from the lounge reflecting upon my past several days. I reached the conclusion that friendships are funny…

…we never know truly know with whom…when…why…or how friendships truly come to fruition…

…I often wonder whether Bibs truly knew the number of lives he would intertwine in long lasting friendships even when the cars have long moved on in some cases…

…to those friends old and new I want to say thank you for all these last several days as I also reflect upon those friends that have passed…

…TLF is more than automobiles….

Really Great to meet you Christopher and indeed everyone ! Its amazing what car clubs can do, I know from the Delorean Club that great friendships can be made, the car community is an awesome thing 😁👍

• Like 1