Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Your Reply to the days Headlines. - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Your Reply to the days Headlines.

Kimbers

I don't know about all of you but whenever I read the mornings headlines with my morning coffee, be it on Sky, BBC, or any other news outlet I read, I always have a monolog going on in my head.

So a good example was today where I read:

"How will Scotland plug its £1.5bn budget shortfall?" - the voice in my head replied "Charge the rest of the UK, Blame parliament and demand independence".

Another of mine from today

"Transgender guidance: Schools to keep parents informed" - "Or how about letting them be kids and saying they can change genders, if they want, when they are adults".

Any others? Only Copy Pasted genuine headlines!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
38 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

"How will Scotland plug its £1.5bn budget shortfall?"

By voting out the SNP and Greens who have been woeful and seem to think that giving free stuff away has no consequences attached to it.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Good old SNP giving me another:

"Scottish Budget: Higher earners to pay more income tax" - "In other news the number of high earners moving to England increases"

I'll add in a headline from 6 months time: "Scottish Govt tax receipts drop to level below previous tax receipts as high earners flock to the rest of the UK".

• Like 1

Stop me and buy one!!

Happened here Tony. I will go from the highest tax band to the lowest for next year. Can't wait to be honest as I was sick of seeing 57% of my total earnings being shaved off each year. I'd have gotten a better rate dealing with the mob!

Going self employed is the best thing, financially, I have ever done.

This is not about raising more taxes though really, it is "spin" about how the SNP is being tough on the "rich". This is the Scottish Government's own chart - That's less than 1% who pay the top rate so how much extra are they really raising, versus the political show they can generate by shouting about this? You will see that by far the largest single group is "Non-taxpayers". I doubt anybody in Scotland will be surprised by that.

image.png.076be392cb8081c83a379562a016d618.png

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Love this one today!

"Christmas: Cardiff gran who charges family ups her prices" - "I am so doing this".

• Haha 1

Stop me and buy one!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67769782

"UK tipped for speedier rate cut after surprise inflation fall"

But the unions still insist that their inflation busting pay rises of 2023 are not enough and are set to demand another 10% increase across the board in 2024......

The small print.

"Non-burping can damage quality of life, researchers say!" - "Slow news day BBC?"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-67774902

Stop me and buy one!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-middle-east-67768062 - we started the war with you. You're killing us, literally. But we we're still going to give you the bird!

The small print.

To pretty much all going on in world and reported (or should I say opinionated) on these days, the voice in my head cannot be published on here. Bibs would ban me!

• Haha 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

The news racket is firstly about eyes on, hence always pitching whatever is most likely to agitate. It's a troubled world in many meaningful sectors thus we will be subjected in accordance with what we'll permit ourselves to be. My appetite for knowledge remains as keen as ever but I will limit what gets under my skin. 

• 1 month later...

I see another Political party ditching Green policy after realising they won't survive with the huge amount of turmoil they would cause (not to mention costs).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-68238090

I'm not saying don't do Green Policy, I am saying use intelligence led and effective Green policy rather than listening to the Likes of Green activists and think Tanks who, lets face it, have not worked a day in their lives most of the time (Greta is a good example).

Instead of targeting airlines, target the Fashion industry, it creates more Climate change gasses than Airlines and Shipping put together. 

Instead of Targeting all ICE cars look at a (MUCH) more effective Public transport system and Price it so it's cheaper than using your car! In Cyprus I can take a bus for £1.50 and just pay that one fee anywhere on that buses route! 

Change building law that Building companies must, by law, have a top energy rating and fit solar panels as standard....at their cost. No increase in house prices to cover.

• Like 1

Stop me and buy one!!

26 minutes ago, Escape said:

let's not forget miss B-H. 🙂

How could we, I had a big boy crush on her for sure!

5 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Change building law that Building companies must, by law, have a top energy rating and fit solar panels as standard....at their cost. No increase in house prices to cover.

That's a fantasy land imagination @Kimbers, the cost will be added to the new house and the consumer will pay. However, making sure the houses are built properly, are insulated properly, then the consumer will get a better deal. NHBC needs to be scrapped as it's toothless and ineffective. Replace it with a levy on each new house built and get the local authorities to employ people to do the checks. Generate local income, and local employment and check EVERY new house.

• Like 2

The small print.

15 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

That's a fantasy land imagination @Kimbers, the cost will be added to the new house and the consumer will pay. However, making sure the houses are built properly, are insulated properly, then the consumer will get a better deal. NHBC needs to be scrapped as it's toothless and ineffective. Replace it with a levy on each new house built and get the local authorities to employ people to do the checks. Generate local income, and local employment and check EVERY new house.

As a share holder in a large building company it really opened my eyes to their profit margins per house. And Oh my god! They are built cheap! Greedy Shareholder like Moi take most of the money made as well. But I thought, if you can't beat them!

• Like 1

Stop me and buy one!!

32 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

How could we, I had a big boy crush on her for sure!

The NHBC sets minimum building standards. Some builders offer their own warranty schemes, providing additional protection beyond NHBC.

• Gold FFM
24 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

As a share holder in a large building company it really opened my eyes to their profit margins per house. And Oh my god! They are built cheap! Greedy Shareholder like Moi take most of the money made as well. But I thought, if you can't beat them!

If you knew what a sparks gets paid to first fix a 2 bed flat in a day (it would take me 3 days) , then the margin the sub contracting companies who employ the sparks make, you genuinely would fall over! In my opinion it's not worth the risk, you have to remember all the Customer Care stuff afterwards for 24 months, whilst they keep 2.5% of your money in retention!!

We do, do it and a lot of it,  but I have absolutely nothing to do with that side of the business I absolutely refuse to get involved and stick to the commercial side which is way more profitable, clients mostly more pleasant and no job is the same. 

Have look at the land bank and money in the bank of the Tier 1 builders. They are doing marvellously 

50 minutes ago, Bibs said:

:lol:

I know @Bibs. But we have to at least try to get them to do something good. Don't we?

49 minutes ago, Xtora said:

The NHBC sets minimum building standards. Some builders offer their own warranty schemes, providing additional protection beyond NHBC.

From what I can see, and have heard from many, the NHBC may set minimum building standards, but they don't seem to enforce them, and their 10 year new build warranty is a laughable waste of paper. The whole setup is a bad joke and consumers end up footing the bill. Again.

35 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Have look at the land bank and money in the bank of the Tier 1 builders. They are doing marvellously

As the big boys purposely hoard the land, and slowly release new homes to maximise the sales price through demand, and therefore, profit. Complete bunch of cowboy twats, in my very humble opinion.

Did I see Barratt are buying Persimmon for a couple of billion? It was only a year or so ago I thought Barratt where complaining things were so tough they would go out of business. Maybe in my old age I'm not remembering stuff properly.

The small print.

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I worked for a house builder for 3 years - privately/family owned - the amount of money they raked in for selling 100-120 houses a year was rather large. Smallest rooms in the houses that they could get away with, next to no garden etc. They employed a right thicko to do the aftersales, not sure much got done.

3 hours ago, Xtora said:

Equivalent to a dog with no bite

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

51 minutes ago, pete said:

Equivalent to a dog with no bite

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/75GoC9XpbcVTnShs/

This was actually sold like this. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1tgy64KxFl/?igsh=d3cxanV3N2Rwamho

And this

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The current thrust in media coverage on Canadian housing is that LESS regulation will be the answer to the egregious cost of things residential. Is that the smacking of greedy developer lips we hear? Boeing have made quite the show of handling QC during the present era protocols as set ( i.e. handed off ) by the FAA. I've heard enough accounts of builder deficiencies through my circle of acquaintances and work associates to see that regulation in construction is already very spotty. The chatter that prices will be alleviated by any public policy short of giving it away is risible. 

On 10/02/2024 at 17:13, drdoom said:

The current thrust in media coverage on Canadian housing is that LESS regulation will be the answer to the egregious cost of things residential. Is that the smacking of greedy developer lips we hear? Boeing have made quite the show of handling QC during the present era protocols as set ( i.e. handed off ) by the FAA. I've heard enough accounts of builder deficiencies through my circle of acquaintances and work associates to see that regulation in construction is already very spotty. The chatter that prices will be alleviated by any public policy short of giving it away is risible. 

Same as UK. While people pay their asking prices there is no way they will drop them, even if they are cheaper to build! 

I'll be honest, if the Govt set up a non profit making company that sold the houses at cost after deductions the Big building companies would shit themselves :)

Stop me and buy one!!

On 10/02/2024 at 17:13, drdoom said:

Is that the smacking of greedy developer lips we hear?

Nope. It's the smacking of politicians and housing regulators bare arses by skimpily cladded young ladies, fuelled by coke and alcohol, in private rooms at clubs up and down the country.

The occasional thud you hear is the brown envelope with the wads of cash inside.

18 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I'll be honest, if the Govt set up a non profit making company that sold the houses at cost after deductions the Big building companies would shit themselves :)

In reality, they'd be shitting their pants with gold as the Government Housing company would outsource the construction to the housing companies and no inspections etc.

The small print.