Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brooklands New Year’s Day Classic Vehicle Gathering - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brooklands New Year’s Day Classic Vehicle Gathering

Escape

This has been my pilgrimage on January 1st since 2015 (bar a hiatus for obvious reasons...). But this year I seem to need a push, haven't booked tickets or the ferry yet.

Who else is (thinking of) going? There's always a few Lotus there, but I have yet to meet one of the owners. 

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Alas I can’t make it (working) but, if you come over send me a PM would like to meet up for a cuppa.

• Thanks 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

I'll be there, if no salt or rain, I would perhaps have taken the prototype Elise S1 but it is a pre 1994 event to park inside. 

So I'll take the 1962 Slough Citroen DS as that is for sale. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Yep. I just edited my post prior to your post, as I suspected it was a homage. 

A real one would be worth probably £200k, perhaps much more. One sold for $480k but was very low mileage.

Justin 

The pleasure was all mine Justin! Thanks for the warm welcome and great chat. :thumbsup:

As always, I was very happy with my 700 mile pilgrimage to start the new year. Seeing all those lovely cars, meeting new friends and seeing old ones (on the next leg of my trip).
The Excel did great, apart from a slipping alternator belt when having to navigate flooded roads.

Filip

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.