Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Nick Mason's open garden - 8th / 9th June - UK - South West England - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Nick Mason's open garden - 8th / 9th June

To: @exeterjeep, @EGTE, @mayevora, @MPx, @DDubya, @SWLC

I just booked tickets for the Saturday of Nick Mason's open garden.  The Pub Lotus group on FB are planning to go on the Saturday and I went last year (though missed the big Lotus group as I went on the Sunday!).

It's a busy venue but a nice drive out and a great opportunity to see a load of seriously expensive machinery in Nick Mason's garden and some nice cars in the car park. 

Lotus and other sports / super cars are directed to a field next to the house so you don't have to walk far and are in amongst some nice machinery.

Details are here: https://middlewickhouseopengarden.com/

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Funnily enough Mark I went on the Sunday the year before you, so I too missed the main Club Lotus run on the Saturday.  Did enjoy seeing many of his cars though and the "dark-side-of-the-moon" helicopter on the front lawn.  In fact it was a bit awkward for me in that it is billed as an "open garden" and I went with Fran and friends who are not car people but who like gardens - oops!  No noticeable "gardens" on view but lots of exotic machinery parked in various fields and natural spaces.   I tried to save the day with an impromptu "good better best" in the style of the Antiques Road Show.  Got the other three to have a go at which order for the F40, F1 GTR, 250GTO parked near the helicopter.  I looked up recent auctions while they were looking/thinking and came up with  £1.2M, £18M, £40M. None of them got the right order even though I gave them the values!!

Not sure I'll go again - but may get tempted nearer the time.  I'll keep an eye on here.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Hi Mike, Yes, I definitely majored on the cars with my wife and she was happy enough to come along and browse!  It turns out that she's definitely not a Mclaren fan 🙂

Went with a neighbour who had told me about the event - he had an MR2 made to look like a 360 or whatever and I was a bit concerned at what sort of reception he'd get... luckily he wrote it off a few weeks before and so just went in his daily car 🙂

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/01/2024 at 12:15, Markindevon said:

To: @exeterjeep, @EGTE, @mayevora, @MPx, @DDubya, @SWLC

I just booked tickets for the Saturday of Nick Mason's open garden.  The Pub Lotus group on FB are planning to go on the Saturday and I went last year (though missed the big Lotus group as I went on the Sunday!).

It's a busy venue but a nice drive out and a great opportunity to see a load of seriously expensive machinery in Nick Mason's garden and some nice cars in the car park. 

Lotus and other sports / super cars are directed to a field next to the house so you don't have to walk far and are in amongst some nice machinery.

Details are here: https://middlewickhouseopengarden.com/

Mark, sorry only only just seen this. That weekend free so may be up for a run.

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• 2 months later...

Sounds good @DDubya, I did the Club Lotus Irish Spring weekend last week and a few of the local contingent will be coming over to the open garden too.  We'll have an early n/a Evora, Turbo and V8 Esprits and something else, didn't catch what that will be.  Should be a lot of cars there on the Saturday.