Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport 300 spoiler lip on a 91SE help required - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport 300 spoiler lip on a 91SE help required

• Gold FFM

Does anyone know if the lower spoiler lip fitted as standard on the S4s would fit to the lower spoiler of an SE, or are the lower profiles of the different models spoilers completely different?

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Not sure but I have a S300 rubber lip fitted on an 88 turbo. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

17 minutes ago, Gjk said:

Does anyone know if the lower spoiler lip fitted as standard on the S4s would fit to the lower spoiler of an SE, or are the lower profiles of the different models spoilers completely different?

No it doesn't completely different shapes. Yours is square and the S4 has a more curved profile. You would be better off with a S300 rubber lip as this would fit your car.

• Like 1

I am changing my front spoiler in the next couple of months, you're more than welcome to try my old spoiler on your car? Or due to distance, I can take my spoiler to PNM and take a picture what it looks like up against a Steven's car?

• Gold FFM

That’s very kind of you @superdavelotus. A comparison picture of the lip spoiler on a stevens car would be most helpful. It would either look awful or with a bit of fettling a possible goer.

• 1 month later...
On 08/12/2023 at 05:18, superdavelotus said:

I am changing my front spoiler in the next couple of months, you're more than welcome to try my old spoiler on your car? Or due to distance, I can take my spoiler to PNM and take a picture what it looks like up against a Steven's car?

Hi Dave,

Would your old spoiler fit my 95 S4s?

Thanks

MrDangerUS

3 hours ago, MrDangerUS said:

Hi Dave,

Would your old spoiler fit my 95 S4s?

Thanks

Yes it would. I haven't changed it yet, I will order a new 2002 spoiler later this month, so the other one will be availible next month.

• 2 months later...

Mine with S300 lip fitted.

image.jpeg.8228099062e933fb12abca670e6f1663.jpeg

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Do you have any issues with speed humps @red vtec?

Also is it a rubber or abs plastic lip?

• Gold FFM

Cheers @Bibs. Being it is rubber even if it did scuff speed bumps it shouldn’t do any damage.

Next dilemma, what would it look like on a red car?

1 hour ago, Gjk said:

Do you have any issues with speed humps @red vtec?

Also is it a rubber or abs plastic lip?

Mine is the sport 300 lip, no problems with speed bumps as it’s rubber. That’s the reason I fitted a rubber lip. 

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

Thanks for the heads up @red vtec.

Dumb question, how does it attach to the spoiler? I can’t find any information in the parts manual.

• Gold FFM

Cheers @Bibs. I’ll have to start afresh as my SE didn’t have the original lip fitted and there are no holes in the spoiler to pick up on.

The LEW write up mentions 30 screws so I’ll be able to work out the pitch (possibly closer at the spoiler corners).

@Gjk I drilled holes as in the link @Bibs has sent. I used quite a few bolts, but it was years ago. 

Amateurs built the Ark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Turns out the Sport 300 lip will not fit my 91SE as it appears the underside of the spoiler is different from the 92SE as in the LEW write up. There isn’t enough area on the sides of the spoiler to accommodate the rubber lip.

43A14F15-76EE-4664-9F4F-4A0A2A3D8C4B.jpeg

• Gold FFM

I had planned to fit the Sport 300 rubber spoiler lip to my 91SE but, as can be seen from the picture below there is no room to fit the fasteners down the sides of the spoiler. From the parts manual the 91SE never had a rubber lip (92 MY onwards) fitted as standard so I have no existing holes to reference. I have studied the LEW installation guide of the Sport 300 lip fitment but it was fitted to a 92 MY SE and the spoiler had previously had the smaller lip fitted as standard.

Being that the 91 MY SE has a different spoiler lower profile compared to a 92 MY SE, has anyone encountered the same problem when trying to fit a Sport 300 lip?

If the install turns out to be a complete “no-go” I have a Sport 300 lip and all new stainless steel fasteners up for grabs if anyone wants to PM me.

E54D7DEB-D3A8-4899-8C09-8AC04968E3BE.jpeg

• Gold FFM

Many thanks @ragingfool35 for the pictures of your rubber lip install. Is that the 92 MY lip?

The sport 300 lip I had hoped to fit is a little deeper (approx 3”) and I was planning on the esprit sport 300 front spoiler/lip look and not having to attach the lip to that particular part of the front spoiler as it is quite thin fibreglass.

I have attached a couple of pics, 1 of the lip and a second of the front of a S300 front end just so you could visualise the look I’m after.

0903DE87-A779-4643-A6F5-C01943DF9142.jpeg

D6EDEDBE-4EEE-48C5-8BA8-28CC1F413D02.jpeg