Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Seat belt replacement - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Seat belt replacement

Go to solution Solved by unity1,

I dropped a tool while working on the interior and unfortunately it caught the seat belt buckle button and made a hole in it. Does anyone have one or know if it's possible to replace. I see SJ have the whole thing including the real as a kit but I don't need or want that.

20240402_111518.jpg

U1Banner-160.jpg

Drive with a smile

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I like the pragmatic approach although wouldn't consider it a longer term resolution, epoxy and painted could be a good alternative, just more time..

• Like 1

U1Banner-160.jpg

Drive with a smile

• Gold FFM

I like the idea of gluing, filling and painting but, you could try the usual breakers even though they charge to much (Douglas Valley).

Or maybe Lotus bits?

Maybe even SJ’s might have a second hand one.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Seems OEM is to be prefered over replacement due to quality of build, therefore I'd go with a call to the breakers', or the familiar vendors as suggested above.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

I did get a set from Lotus Bits, TBH they were in worse state than mine excluding the holes in. I could swap the buttons only however because of that I thought I might as well try the epoxy and painting. 

20240407_164911.jpg

20240408_131230.jpg

• Like 2

U1Banner-160.jpg

Drive with a smile

Yes although I don't have concern about breaking them as they are now far more solid than before but more scratching the paint.

• Like 1

U1Banner-160.jpg

Drive with a smile