Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Rear Protec shock absorber settings - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Rear Protec shock absorber settings

I've bought some adjustable Protec rear shock absorbers for my GT3.  Can anyone currently using them recommended a good starting point for setting the adjustable valves? 

Edited by shaunw
Grammar

You'll easily be able to tell when you've gone too far Shaun - the ride starts to harden up and you start to get a bit of what feels like skipping on bumpy turns.  When you get to that point back it off again until it feels more comfortable.

Pete

• Like 2

Don’t know anything specific about Protech, as I have different dampers, but what Pete says is spot on. I sneaked up on my own settings from 0 damping first, and ended up at 6, before I felt it was too much, and turned them back to 5 clicks.

Where did you buy the Protechs? Does the supplier have any advice?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

We Bought them from SJ but my wife ordered them as a birthday gift so I didn't get to talk to Steve.  I can always give him a call of course but I assumed there would be some guys on here using them who would have had a little play.  

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

When I had them on my SE, I asked Lotus and they simply said to start them in the middle and adjust to taste.

Yeah I think that sounds like the best starting point 👍

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

All fitted and I have to say the ride is much improved. I've settled on 7 clicks clockwise. feels supple but tied down.  The car was sitting 15mm too low at the back before I changed the springs and shocks so the old ones were obviously knackered. The car has only covered 22000 miles from new so it just goes to show how irrelevant mileage is when it comes to parts like these, time still takes its toll!

Edited by shaunw
grammar
  • Like 2