Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 25 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Perhaps if the scots stopped spending our money on free prescriptions and free university they would be able to afford more policemen

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

There isn't one specific incident that I can point to, but it seems that over the past few days a lot of people have decided to increase the dosage of their Stupid Pills. I wonder if this is simply a local aberration or whether it is part of a more widespread phenomenon.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

I'd say that has been going on for some time...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 06/10/2023 at 17:28, Chillidoggy said:

My usual response to anyone who says Britain is crap, and they feel like leaving the country, is to tell them to do us all a favour and crack on with doing so.

I could have written or said that myself. It's exactly what I say to people.

Some guy on Linkedin last week was saying how "everything is better in the EU" and then got pissed at me as I told him, nicely, a couple of times, that he should move to the EU and be happy. "Don't tell me where to live" was one response, but the final kicker was "my family moved here from the EU" - so rather than really embarrass the little f@cker I sent him a PM saying, well if the EU was so bloody good (1) why did your family move here and (2) why you don't you just stop whining and go and fook off and live there. Apparently, according to him, that made me a racist!  Well what do you know..... I just don't get it. If you don't like living somewhere they you move. Don't you? No point sitting in your chair just constantly whinging and whining about how you hate where you live.

On 06/10/2023 at 20:34, pete said:

Perhaps if the scots stopped spending our money on free prescriptions and free university they would be able to afford more policemen

No Pete, you just don't get it. You need to give us more of your english tax payers pounds so we can spend more on police, and free drugs for druggies, free alcohol for alcoholics, etc.  Just send us the money direct thanks. And if you don't, then our lovely nationalist parties will just be able to bleat on more about how Westminster is keeping us Scots down, doesn't value the Union, is trying to starve us out of existence, or whatever else they can come up with to fuel the racism against England and Englanders to further their separatist cause. They call it "progressive politics" ijn Holyrood, and "banter" in the pubs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Which is why I responded in kind. Banter is good for the soul.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Our nearest neighbours bought their house 18 months ago. They are a retired couple with sons who are local builders. It’s only a very compact 3 bedroom house with a tiny garden, but they immediately set about tearing it apart and re-configuring it inside and out. Barely has a week gone by, without at least one of the sons spending his time working on that house. They have still not finished it after 18 months! Talk about painting the Forth Bridge!

What makes me shake my head, however is that the owners also have a second house in France. They have only spent 6 months in this UK home during this entire time, so it really makes me wonder a) why did they buy this particular UK house in the first place if they were only going to scrap it and start again and b) why waste so much time and money on it anyway, if it’s only going to be a winter bolt hole for when the owner’s annual French visa expires? 

No doubt they thought they bought it cheap, can "upgrade" it, and then flip it?

Like you, I think the approach is senseless and a huge waste of time. But if they smell a profit?.......

The small print.

Fair point @Escape, but the UK is obsessed with building wealth through houses, so I'll remain sceptical.

The small print.

I have just been informed the local valley road will be closed for resurfacing next week. Well that's OK but the following week it will be closed again to have water mains work to be completed. Just sitting here shaking my head - the mind boggles at the ineptitude of our local bureaucrats.

No doubt the water mains works will involve cutting up the new road surface? 🙄

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
On 03/10/2023 at 16:50, C8RKH said:

.................. A well know Lotus parts supplier from the EU seems to find all sorts of excuses why it is hard to do business and send things through to the UK post Brexit.

I have to say that in my 2 recent dealings with said company, first to purchase a radiator then an aircon condenser, the required parts were delivered the very next working day after the order was placed.

The 'In Stock' aircon dryer/receiver however, purchased from a well known Lotus parts supplier in the UK, took 2 weeks to arrive, :rolleyes:.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 10:34, march said:

I have just been informed the local valley road will be closed for resurfacing next week. Well that's OK but the following week it will be closed again to have water mains work to be completed. Just sitting here shaking my head - the mind boggles at the ineptitude of our local bureaucrats.

Well the road works have started, the road is closed and work has started and a diversion is on place - The problem is South West Water have closed the diversion lane so they can prune trees, apparently it's been chaos and there are a lot of unhappy bunnies in the village. 🤡🤣

I think whoever schedules our roadworks needs to be awarded a gold star for effort.

Edited by march
  • Haha 2

Just now, exeterjeep said:

South West water branching out into a new business.

Yes I did question this - apparently they have dumped a large generator in the middle of the road to allow water to be pumped whilst the power is off during tree pruning - I assume by someone else but who knows. It all seems a bit of a farce - just enjoying the comments on the local Facebook group.

4 minutes ago, march said:

Yes I did question this - apparently they have dumped a large generator in the middle of the road to allow water to be pumped whilst the power is off during tree pruning - I assume by someone else but who knows. It all seems a bit of a farce - just enjoying the comments on the local Facebook group.

Remember that before they can dig up a road, the Utilities need to apply for permission to, you guessed it, the local authority. I think you know where the buck stops! Time to speak to a local councillor, I suggest the use of the word "muppets" might come in handy.

The small print.

50 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

South West water branching out into a new business.

Prune intended no doubt. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Remember that before they can dig up a road, the Utilities need to apply for permission to, you guessed it, the local authority. I think you know where the buck stops! Time to speak to a local councillor, I suggest the use of the word "muppets" might come in handy.

At least The Muppets were funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

image.jpeg.f83c016083505cb2a395b6a612b49f45.jpeg

Meet you new local councilor and new Director of Roads and Highways

The small print.

Wouldn't that be a great retirement plan for you Andy, sitting on a balcony spouting cynicism at whatever show that's playing? I'll happily join you! 🥸 😄

• Love 1

I hope your little girl is OK!

• Like 1