Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Live Gigs - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Live Gigs

winners

A few music / album / Group topics started. What about music in the purest form...live.

I'm going to see the Stereophonics tomorrow. I've seen Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Status Quo! (who to be fair are excellent live) and best of all Queen. In my view a good bands got to have at least 2 guitars! Once my girlfriend took me to see Go West. That was different.

Who do you like?

Look what Q's brought us. Isn't it nice!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Best live band I've seen has to be ELO. Seen them must be a dozen times over the last 25 years - including ELO II - Still touring as of 18 months ago.

U2 were excellant also.

First ever band I saw - anybody remember Darts? (thought they were good as a 10 year old :thumbsup: )

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

For me

Scorpions in 1980

Blackfoot 1981

Queen 1986

Paul McCartney 2005

Australian Pink Floyd (I kid you not, just amazing) 2006

The Firm 1984

Robert Plant & Priory of Brion 2001

However as with the other recent music threads we've done something similiar in the past so you may want to look at.............

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...t=0&start=0

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Saw Nirvana about ten times when they toured for their first two albums,

They were great live and i think they will turn out to be an important band

to have seen.

Too young to have caught Zep, but have seen Plant and page a few times

(best was at Glastonbury around '93/'94).

Here's one for you...

Used to go to Donnington monsters of rock. One year, that now poodle haired

David Coverdale was there with Whitesnake. Never liked whitesnake much, nor

do i now. I was contemplating going to get something to eat but thought i'd watch

it for a bit, figuring that once he started thrusting the mike stand about with his

legs far apart, that i'd go get a burger or something.

But...

To my utter astonishment, the entire gig was superb 'ain't no love in the heart of

the city', 'Fool for your lovin' and of course the 'here i go again' were played so

bloody hard and rocky that (aside from the ten minute drum solo) the gig remains

one of the best i've ever seen.

And it must have been, as i still don't like them!

The mark of a good live band i guess?

:thumbsup:

BLEH!......... It's music, it's not important......

Green Day Milton Keynes Bowl tho, if you must know. Great time but just can't get excited over music of any form.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Quite enjoyed Prince at Wembley about 10-15 years ago, not as good as Kajagoogoo at the Portsmouth Guildhall about 25 years ago mind - but Bros at Southampton were better....!

Duran Duran were great in '05, but for some reason I quite liked taking my daughter to see Girls Aloud more.

Not ashamed. :thumbsup:

You have a daughter????? :thumbsup:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

We have the same daughter?? :thumbsup:

Wendy?

For me it has to be Alice Cooper. Seen him virtually every year he has toured since the late 1980's.

It's not so much the great music but the fantastic 'show' that goes with it on stage.

Actually seeing him tonight at the Brighton Centre, and Motorhead are the support group.

Can't wait. :happy: :happy:

Only seen a few live gigs.

1) Thunder at De Monfort Hall- british rock band of the bon jovi type just bcoming semi famous as the Madchester Sound grew big. Bad timing they missed the 80s rock boom by about 5 years.

2) Kula Shaker - Crispin Mills band. Totally excellent live, played the strange and intriguing K album

3) Jools Holland and his big band - great night out. It was at my graduation ball

4) Rolf Harris - legend with the wobble board. Students loved him. Stood with him outside before the gig. He is only about 4foot tall. (graduation ball again)

5) Bad Manners - 80's two hit wonder band with massive (in a fat way) lead singer (graduation ball again)

6) Tori Amos - american feminist paino playing singer. Initmate gig in leicester before she was big. 5 mins in the middle being told of the back ground to a song ruined the gig. It was how she was raped if I recall. I wanna hear music not do therapy for the star.

7) Thin Lizzy - minus phil lynott though at Oldham civic hall. A bit pants really

Various rock bands at motor cycle rallies, none famous but entertaing when you are pissed.

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Chris Rea was also excellent, but I doubt anyone remembers him!

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

Did he want to merge with Dire Straits? I'd hate to think what they would have called the band! :P

Steve Hackett was very good back in 1980something, Marillion were cool too but it's a long time ago. The biggest gig I've been too (bar festivals) was Laura's favourite band the Foo Fighters who we saw last summer in Hyde Park where there was an 80,000 crowd which stretched back half a mile if not more! We had gold circle tickets and were 3/4 rows from the stage when Brian May and Roger Taylor jumped up to join Dave Grohl for 'Tie Your Mother Down' which was just ace!

Other than that, I've seen Feeder a few times, always a cracking show and I've seen the GLC about 90 times now, in fact been on stage 'singing' with them 3 times too, the biggest crowd being about 5/6,000 in Jersey last year. I'd have been nervous if I wasn't so drunk! :thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

AC/DC - Wembley 1988 (Best Concert I've been too)

Iron Maiden - 1989 Hammersmith Apollo (drank 4 litres of old English cider, couldn't find the loo, so pissed in the reception hall :thumbsup:).

Nirvana - 1991 (did lots of stage diving and got a black eye)

Jeff Beck - Royal Albert Hall

Thin Lizzy - Hammersmith Apollo

Gary Moore - Brixton Acadamy

Eric Clapton - Royal Albert Hall (Yawn)

Dave Lee Roth - Hammersmith Apollo (Did mostly Van Halen numbers).

Few more but won't bore you all.

Alex

If that Lizzy gig was about 1998, the first reunion one without Lynott but with all the other members (inc Brian Downey), then I was there too! Small world!

Probably was around then I think. It was deffo in Oldham. Spooky .

Seen Genesis, Elton John, Strawbs, Lindisfarne, Blue Oyster Cult, Tiswas(Sally James :thumbsup: ), Jasper Carrott (interviewed him for University radio - I still have the tape).

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Went to see Heaven & Hell last Sunday at Wembley (Black Sabbath with Ronnie J Dio)

Cracking gig and to think Dio is still going strong at 65

Gary Moore on the first still got the blues tour at Hammersmith

Dream Theater at the Marquee for their first UK gigs (back in the day)

Def Leppard at Hammersmith (On Throu' the Night before they went all pop-y)

Man-0-war at the Marquee (Recipe for tinnitus if ever there was one)

ANY of the Thin Lizzy gigs (old and reformed)

Eagles in Manchester (Hell Freeze Over tour)

Regrets

Never saw Queen

Jez

Mean Green S4s

I think therefore I am - Descartes

I'm pink therefore I'm spam - Eric Idle

Stevie Wonder was excellent,

They might be giants - everyone bounced a lot,

David Lee Roth - ran over my friend,

Wasn't old enough to see Queen - mmm, Roger Taylor...

Jools was fab as was Duran Duran even though Simon forgot the words!

Girls Aloud was good for kids and blokes and quite entertaining.

I would love to see Jamiroqui

and see mat play drums!

LouX

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg