Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Leaking Bolts - OZ futuras - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Leaking Bolts - OZ futuras

Hi All,

Finally - took the SE to ATS and they said the tyres are deflating from the little nuts around the rim of the OZ Futuras. I saw the bubbles.

Had them refurbed and tyres fitted by BJV Engineering about a year ago the wheels were sat around for a while until they got put on the SE (after new V8 hubs and brakes etc.)

Really gutted to be honest as ATS didn't have a 'spanner' to fit and were reluctant to mess around with 3 piece splits - as are most.

I need a firm i can drive the car to and get it fixed with a proper sealant or whatever the fech they use to prevent this happening again. I'd happily leave car with them.

I don't want to faff about with taking the wheels off or undoing the rims myself.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rog

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the US, only Tirerack.com can refurbish OZ wheels. The nuts on the OZ 3-piece wheels are proprietary. You'll need to find an official OZ dealer in your country. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=145

The sealant does need to be put on carefully, on totally clean surface, and most likely with a primer. I think my friend used a green loctite on his 3 piece revolution X180-R wheels.

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Thanks for the reply Travis.

I will follow the link.

Rog

PLOT THICKENS!!!

BJV engineering no longer do 3 piece wheel refurbs - no explanation as to why mine were not properly sealed just given another company who 'might' do them...

Having real difficulty with this.

Can't get hold of OZ either.

Why me?

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Sent you a PM Rog.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

No mate not a chuffing thing.

Brian Vallack - retired.

Email not answered.

Phone call asked for Brian, met with "you after wheels refurbing?" No, i sent an email explaining the leak from my OZ futuras.

"We don't do em anymore..."

OK, Why?

"because they leak."

Oh, do you know anyone who can help?

"Yeah Voodoomotorsports....."

---------------------------------------

To be honest if i could be arsed i'd ask Kato to remove the advert on LEW as it doesn't apply.

Also Pristine Wheels or whatever they are called won't go near 3 piece rims for similar reasons...

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Yes James,

But over a year ago...

To be honest mate - i am not having much luck with the esprit at the moment and don't know if i can be bothered chasing piss poor independent operators over their slapshod workmanship and business ethics.

I just move on...maybe even out of the Esprit if necessary (i don't want to but i have missed out on over 8 months enjoying her and kind of ask myself what the point was and how much it has cost for little return - i was someone who only drove the Esprit)

On the brighter side i spoke to Ewan at Coatech (in Scotland) he refurbs for SWLC and is pretty much the best man around for the engineering work that this job is - not a polish out and paint job. He was a blast to talk to on the phone and can guarantee my rims getting sorted.

I was never jumping for joy over the work BJV did as the lacquer/finish on the inside spokes was crummy to say the least and as i said to Ewan i may be interested in a shiny ally finish all round...

Total

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Joys of owning an Esprit - nearly sold mine a few months ago for the same reasons.

My advice is stick at it and then drive it again - you'll soon forget the bad times !

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

• Gold FFM

Get yer ass round my manor for a spanners party in August, Rog - you can cheer yourself up by watching me hurt myself.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Roger

I PM'd Scott at Bell & Collville in June about refurbing split rims (it was the Compomotives I was interested in). He recommended a company called Renowheel

http://www.renowheel.co.uk/

I've had other good reports about them. If Scott is OK with them I should think they do a reasonable job?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

I think JP Polishing do them

http://www.jppolishing.co.uk/index.html

Supposed to be very good.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Mine leaked when I got them, I ran a smear of silicon around the inside seal where the rim splits. That has solved the problem so may work for you too.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks dudes,

Had a great conversation with Peter Ormond at Peformance Wheel Supplies

http://www.performancewheelsupplies.ltd.uk/

Will be getting him to collect, sort and deliver back to me end of next week when i'm back from Ipswich.

Thanks for all the help - will update progress next week.

Many thanks,

Rog

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Good stuff matey :hrhr:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Rog

How did it go ?

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein