Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 141 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

you are a pilot, but this picture scares me ..it's not only the hight  ..it is the construction point of it, all the extra load that needs to be carried (plants, earth, water & wind balance !!)

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• Gold FFM

Don't panic Gunter. It's only a picture. They haven't built it.

It's all ok. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

puhhh ..sweat -need a brake

what I "like" most on those totaly crazy projects, if there is something that goes wrong (earthquake, fire, millitary/terror attac)

..how long does it need to go to the next save hospital or emergency/police station ? .

.if it's in fact a whole town for its own, so you would not have contact to the mainland  ..scary  ..isn't it ?!  See how long the people out there in the WTC towers waited for any help

Would like to think that my last tank of petrol helped underwrite at least one ember of that extravaganza. :cry:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

John, we do not have this 'fine humor' like in the UK, in Germany it is more of the 'hang em up' & sarcasm style ..especially if it comes to the politics and what was said before/after election  ..this is just one example of subtile virtual-satire http://www.bild.de/media/vw-benzin-25871388/Download/1.bild.jpeg  (you need at least to use google-translator I guess)

some comparisions:

mention we in Europe use the metric-system (as said in pulp-fiction) so this is for only one Liter -so it's 1.50$ per Liter

whereas the average worker can be happy to get payd with 4 - 6 € per hour, with a workload of several unpayed extra hours ..minus the cost to fill the car to drive to his workplace somewhere in a different area over a notable distance, minus taxes / fees on his income every month ..minus taxes/fees on every product he buys (even if it is your daily glass of water or your bread) ..minus insurances for household, cars, accidents and so on  ..minus government healthcare-insurance cost  ..minus the cost for 'private retirement insurances' (something the government wanted to start a few years back, additionally to the general retirement taxes on his loan/income)   ..and even not all society classes have to pay this, as the very rich and politicians use to live in a different world we feel sometimes. It is just as if we have to life in India for this point, with the class system there

HBVvVmIA_Pxgen_r_467xA.jpg

Edited by Günter

Yeah, that was a shiteload of Deckungsbeitrag going up in smoke, eh Gunter? :lol:

(better?) :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

When Monty Python did it it was always cool!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

SO wish I had known about this concert when it was in town!

Travis,

Do you play/perform? I have a bunch of vintage Waldorf gear I've been dusting off this week and ogling their new stuff. Getting the filters on my Micro Q to self-oscillate is one of my favorite sounds ever, but my heart belongs to my Microwave II...being orange it plays to a weakness. Am I showing my age with this stuff?

That video reminds me of a cool electronica installation performance you might dig, with music by one of my favorite (and unfortunately largely unknown) electronica composers/musicians, Marc Schlaile:

- Matt

P.S. Thanks for the intro to Amon Tobin!

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Matt,

I have no musical talent but I do have a great ear for music.  

I saw Amon Tobin years ago, but he didn't have the amazing visual show back then.

The software he used is free http://www.derivative.ca/

Here is the blog about the Amon Tobin set design with the software, very impressive show! 

http://www.derivative.ca/Events/2011/AmonTobinVSquared/

be sure to watch the video behind the scenes!

http://vimeo.com/24502224

Some of my friends have been using this method and software for visuals at parties for the last year or so.

Also Subaru used it for the launch of the new Forrester...

http://youtu.be/esLWGdiQ_Kw

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

That is CRAZY! I'm going to blow hours now watching videos of it. Thanks (seriously).

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I just bought the Amon Tobin ISAM Live DVD on ebay...! ;)  

I also just realized that I missed him live in Denver on NYE...  but I was really sick with the flu, and spending the holidays with my entire family... so would not have been able to go to the show:(

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE