Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 109 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Tiling company in Geelong rang and can get me started for 3 days per week which fits around my going back to Tech to get my waterproofing certification. All this about 5 months earlier than I had planned. Boss at the car yard may not be very happy as I told him I would be leaving about June 2017, but que sera sera.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

58 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

I've been on Lotusespritforum / TLF for 12 year and regularly and have enjoyed every moment.

Thanks Bibs for keeping it going :)

Thank you for keep coming back, it's been a long time now! I still have happy memories of popping over to yours after that virus scare. Lovely roads in your neck of the woods :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Over here, I commented that I was pretty sure I was looking at a head gasket failure on the daughters partners Holden Commodore. Stripping it down, I finally got the valley cover off (V6) to find two very sorry looking inlet manifold gaskets. There is no way they would have been sealing around the water channels that end at and go through the manifold. Checked with a mate who is a mechanic as this seemed to make more sense as the failure point than 1/2 head gasket failures. My mate spoke with another mechanic friend of his who said that the 3.6L V6 that has a cast block and steel heads and just does not have HGF problems.

So lots of cleaning up, new inlet manifold gaskets, new water pump gasket reassembly and should have it back on the road tomorrow. :) 

Just in time to start on the next car to get ready to sell.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The new plastic five pound notes. I find it funny as now we actually have a true representation of what fiat currency is. Plastic. It is imitation, not tied to any underlying worth, as in a valuable base metal like gold. The government can mould (?) as many as they want at any time. Secondly, when it occurred to me that we now have to pay 5 pence for a plastic bag the irony suffocated me.

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

We have plastic notes. Not all they are cracked up to be though. Once they get a crease in them, you can't get it out. Can be a pain trying to get change back into your wallet when you are in a rush in a queue.

• Like 1

Conference finished in Melbourne on Friday. Arrived in Tassie for a week of R&R incorporating much good tucker and fine wine. Back to Melbourne on Saturday for another week before rounding off with a few days in Sing. 

I love my Aussie month ?

Danny

PS might call in to The Healey Factory to see if there are any more Lotus' that need repatriating

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM

Last day washing cars at Smiths.

Start tiling on Monday. :) 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks mate. :) 

• Gold FFM

Just made up Honda special tool 146#AD (who knows?) out of an old 14mm socket that I had. The little Civic I have has a torsion mount on the engine in the LH wheel well. You need either a long series socket (which I don't have) or a normal socket which I ground the centre out of a bit to fit over the threaded end of the mount pin and also ground the outside down so that it fits inside the torsion mount body.

Chuffed.

• Gold FFM

Be careful it doesn't crack with you Micheal. Skin = Contact= pain and blood.

Glad to hear you are moving on with work as well now.

• Gold FFM

Well that's been another busy day and another of the fleet sold.

So far.

Yellow S3 Esprit gone.

Toyota RAV4 Gone.

Newly restored Elan M100. Gone.

Partly restored Excel SE. Gone.

All of the above sold at honest sensible prices to fellow enthusiasts, well, except the Lemon Yellow S3, grrrrr.

1 Newly converted Motor caravan and 1 cracking mildly tuned Elan M100 left to go.

Now if I could just sell the bloody house that easy.

• Like 1

hello all.

after having driven up and down the greatest curvy road in the World transfagarashan in romania with half a meter of snow. Iam now in catania on scicilly in italia an it is 26 degrees 11 in the evening.

cheers.

jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)