Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 17 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Anthony, if you are 'trained' then you will usually not get any *hangover* on this :sofa:

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Realising that I am an insomniac and even my tablets don't help. Think of all the extra hours of TV and computer I get!! :sofa:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

why does this making me smile, an armchair an TV and Anthony in front of it -well known picture at least :sofa:

next time we knock on the door -so you can come out and get a little sunlight, oxygen and fresh air ...!!

What made me happy today? I didn't get laid off at work (several people did), and I'm still dreaming about last Sunday - temperature in the low 70's, the Esprit and I went hunting twisty roads. And found them, lots of them.

Since I put the Esprit back on the road in June, I've had it at the office a few times. That has led to introductions to several high level managers and directors who wanted to know about it, and that's in a parking lot with plenty of bmw's, boxters, tricked out Mini's, Corvettes, 370z's, etc... Might be one reason I didn't get the boot this week - the more managers that speak up for you, the less chance you'll get axed.

Who says an Esprit isn't practical?

• Gold FFM

first 'boost run' on the Autobahn -was great to have it back this *whooooooschhhh* :)

..get some mysterious sounds on the auxiliary drive, have to find some reasons for DTC , bud an good run after all

Realising that I am an insomniac and even my tablets don't help. Think of all the extra hours of TV and computer I get!! :D

Seems to me you need better tablets :doc::P

"At home, I have a King Sized bed. Now, I don't know any Kings, but I would imagine if one were to come over, he would be comfortable." -Mitch Hedberg

hey Sky

nice wheels

now you stil need a good looking car to put them on

:0))

rens

Edited by rens914

researche is something i do when i don't know what the hell i'm doing

• Gold FFM

car looks good ! ..bud what it needs most is the V8 power to match up with the AWI status :detective:

Cool Rens, we have one big lazy Main Coone too !

And no, I won't tell my wive you got kittens :detective:

IMG_1214.jpg

What made me happy today ???

This forum...I looked around for a few hours and found a mass of information needed

already for the restoration of my S2. I really thought I was one of those loners working

on an old Lotus, and tech info would be a pain to find, but the opposit seems true !!!

Gert.

Drove the beast back from France yesterday, first long run since last winter's engine building saga...also the new Giugiaro Sportrac 3 tyres...a very nice run, all the way to Calais non-stop. Parked outside La Sole Meuniere restaurant; got out; went in and ordered lunch...

"Seulement une sole meuniere, et une demi-bouteille de Chablis, s'il vous plait"..... VERY James Bond, it occurred to me!!

Sole was superb.....left the restaurant, got in the Lotus, looked at the mileage............

96 thousand............and the last digits?

007!!!!!!!

Couldn't write stuff like that.

Of course, it all went pear shaped after, ferry delayed by an hour or so, huge jams on the M26/25 .... such is life.

Car going nicely, new tyres still noisy but bags of grip and the beast tracks arrow straight.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• Gold FFM

My footy team made it through the elimination final to play in the semis next week in the AFL.

'Carn the Pies!!!!!'

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Fitted a new outer CV joint to the CoF yesterday, was very satisfying to have done it myself* :wine:

*With a 'phone a friend' option!

It made me happy to find out that Bibs is actually using those tools he bought. Who would have predicted that?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Made it through my first week of teaching...

Cup of tea in the garden at 6.30 this morning enjoying the peace and quiet, wonderful walk on the beach with Graham and Beaut'. Tide out, sun shining, tall ship in the distance.

:wine:

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Well done Miss Louise! Sounds like a nice morning too! Makes a change from rolling out of a nightclub at the same hour looking for another disco to enjoy the beginning of the weekend in!

I'm home alone, Laura is no doubt having a lovely time on the hen night she's warbling away at. I'm current sitting in the garden with the cats, a bbq sizzling away and a fine, and indeed large selection of bottled ales which need drinking :wine:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Took the roof off the Exige and went for a drive in remote Northumberland with my two favourite ladies...it's so remote that it doesn't appear on any maps and the people who live there don't even know where it is. Probably.

Anyway, it's a great area...and on the way back found probably the best road I've ever driven on (Alwinton to Rothbury via Netherton if anyone is interested)...some enthusiastic driving followed...so enthusiastic that not even Bibs would have overtaken me (as he claims to have done on two occasions :wine: )

Marge: Homer, I don't want you driving around in a car you built yourself.

Homer : Marge, you can either sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts...

• Gold FFM

My son just won our local golf club championship in a 36 hole matchplay round. Jarryd won on the 33rd hole, 5 up with only 3 holes left.

:wine:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)