Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 198 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Technically it was yesterday, but I added a lot of lightness to the M100. A really massive weight reduction, I am very happy with the results.

In other words, I ... washed it :lol:

I had almost forgotten its shininess :happydance:

• Haha 2

To follow the idea of names reflecting car colour, I often refer to my Europa as "The Little White Deathtrap".

If you could see the number of badly, but aggressively, driven pickup trucks and SUVs on the road here, the reason for the name would be all too apparent.

The Esprit looks great!

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

someone said today"can not believe my possible new bank holiday has been decided by penalties"

• Haha 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, calvan said:

If you could see the number of badly, but aggressively, driven pickup trucks and SUVs on the road here, the reason for the name would be all too apparent.

I nearly got "reversed over" by a pickup in a little raural English village - "Sorry mate, never saw you in my mirrors" Yikes !!

0-40 mph in reverse gear = super quick 😉😇

On 10/07/2021 at 11:33, Barrykearley said:

Now all I need is a lotus with cup holders 🤔C2B3F75B-4B0E-443A-81B2-B272A6C36EB7.thumb.jpeg.892d8b6c1d8954f522d6249c6d3b80ad.jpeg

I've never had the desire to have something like that. What am I missing?

31 minutes ago, windymiller said:

had lots of air dried oak planks left over

Shame it wasn't air dried ham. Now that would have looked tasty! :)

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

A bit late as it was actually yesterday, BUT, I sold my Focus RS in just a few hours after advertising it. That means I can officially start looking for a 380 Sport hip hip hooray!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@windymiller that’s fantastic news 😀 - this popped up as a memory on FB today - made me smile.0A167E5B-7CBC-4C9D-85AE-00D69B1AFD7B.thumb.jpeg.8bd2260408381c143196ec541dbb16cd.jpeg

I do miss that car - but the esprit is getting used again.

• Haha 1

Only here once

Meeting a great couple of Lotus owners for a bite to eat and a drink, total distance travel for all of us c 3,500 miles each way, on a c99.94 / 0.03 / 0.03 % split for journey.  Great of @tjs98jetta to pop out to Norwich on his trip to the UK.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As Barry said a few weeks ago you never know what you might see when out and about.

Only, Ayrton Senna's winning trophy for his first win at Estoril.

Standing in the corner of a room at a job today.

• Gold FFM

Replaced the door close switches, cleaned all contacts, was still getting the interior light coming on randomly whist driving the Esprit. After much rubbing of chin found the problem and implemented this cure. Possibly the most amateurish of fixes you'll see today, but it works, for now. Door wasn't closing enough by about 2mm. Certainly beats mucking about with the door hanging.

image.png.25706e8d510ce5b9e30bfbfbb1e18cba.png

• Like 2

so my wifes family is like the best thing ive been blessed with and sadly within 12 months four have departed, 46, 50, 54 and 79 (but the 79 was still a shock)  today my wife and kids went out with her aunt pat whos lost her husband, daughter in law and youngest son, they all came back for a drink at ours and were happy for the day out they had had, as hard as the loss is seeing smiles kinda makes me happy  

• Like 2