Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 24 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

ohh, how I would like do be on such a excursion !

that's what has influenced me in my childhood. One from my mom's old books. We have one of the rare early ones at home. But I think it is still available, and maybe it was translated into English too ?:

36241.jpg

I think that the whole Jurassic-Park, and Disney and all the others must have read this book ?! It is so lovely.. . Supports education, together with good story telling.

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

My younger son returned intact from a school sponsored four day fossil hunting trip to Big Bend National Park in far West Texas, a distance of 475 miles each way. It's the kind of thing that makes parents proud, but fretful about their kid's well being--there are no hospitals nearby, and cell phone contact is iffy at best. But you've got to let them spread their wings. He's been there several times previously, and loves it.

This particular trip the "team" found a Raptor claw, apparently the first to be found (ever) in Texas. So I kidded him about his upcoming National Geographic article--you never know.book.gif

Best part of the homecoming: the giant hug I received when he discovered the two grocery bags of variously flavored Ramen (kids live on it!) in his room.biggrin.gif

I heard of a college student getting scurvey from eating nothing but Ramen!

Edited by Vulcan Grey

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

Ha! His older brother just graduated from college last year, Travis, and he, too, was/is a Ramen aficionado, yet seems to have survived the experience scurvey-free. But, as I'm not a doctor, perhaps a blood test is in order?

For the most part, at least in the case of the younger son, Ramen is primarily a supplemental nutrient (and I use the term loosely), as an in between [real] meals snack of sorts. The kid eats like a hummingbird, pretty much nonstop. Amazingly enough, he's skinny as a rail. Part of the allure is that it's such a quick and easy dish for him to prepare. And with his homework load, that's a real plus (he usually takes it to his room where he's studying [i think!]).

And who am I to complain, when you can fill up an entire grocery cart with Ramen for the cost of a cheeseburger and fries?biggrin.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Well I was sad as I missed out on attending the Lotus F1 launch due to an appointment I had to go to. However that appointment was a job interview and before I'd even got home I had a phone call to offer me the job :lol:

Well I was sad as I missed out on attending the Lotus F1 launch due to an appointment I had to go to. However that appointment was a job interview and before I'd even got home I had a phone call to offer me the job smile.gif

Congratulations Laura... I hope this is not part of keeping the Bibsmeister in the style to which he has become accustomed ! thumbsup.gif

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

You put paying the rent and putting food on the table ahead of going to the Lotus F1 Launch!!!? What were you thinking, Laura?

(Let me also add my congratulations, and here's hoping it has to do with something you enjoy doing.)thumbsup.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Belated congrats, Laura....I've been watching the F1 launch and dribbling!! (because of the car not creeping geriatrics..) Hope you enjoy the new job.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Well this may have started out on the 28th January, but today I'm VERY happy because of this!

DSC06615.jpg

Yes the garage door is finally fitted and working, following a trip to Cardiff to get the bits that Lisa thought best she take to work with her in the boot of her Shotgun... D'oh!

Open up the garage though and........

DSC06612.jpg

I'm so happy its stupid!!!!!!!

To finally drive her in the garage a couple of hours ago was awesome....

Unfortunately I have nowhere to put the bike, and the neighbours not gonna keep it in there garage forever! LOL

Just finished running a coax cable through from the lounge to the cwtch so its a film on SKY infront of the coal fire tonight! Day early for valentines I know but hey! :D

Just saw your post Laura.....! WELL DONE :)

What is it then?

Chunky Lover

LOL Roger, I did wonder why it was on a bit of a keel! Lisa was incharge of ramps so I'll have a little word :)

Eric, it's not supposed to be a garage, according to the council it's just a wood working workshop, hence the silly little original door! There's a road/track that curves around the back of the house and thus is cut into the road, the narrow back to the garage is due to the rear wall being the retaining wall! One day I'll have a massive garage as I've got plenty of room to build one, there's just no money to do it at present.

Give me time and I'll have one like Mikes :stuart:

Chunky Lover

• Gold FFM

Go this pic of my wife Liz in Sydney with our new granddaughter Sienna. Born Feb 11th.

Sienna-February2010109.jpg

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Thanks Simon. Liz says she is a gorgeous little baby. 7lb 11oz born. :lol: Will get to see them on the 4th March as they are all coming over here for 2 weeks.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

my wet shoes made me happy today -as all the melting ice means it is up to be 'springtime' soon ...?!

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Very very happy today.................got a cheque in the post from the tax man, just having trouble deciding how to spend my £5.43!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry,be happy.............

Got promoted at work. Now Head of Design :).

Congrats, I'd like to see more of your design work.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Taking an 07 plate Imprezza WRX for a test drive ( as replacement for my V70 Volvo )

Bloody hell they're fast and feel just glued to the road.

They beg you to thrash 'em.

You feel like a young hooligan again.

Made my day and that of my two boys.

I think I'd only keep my licence for a week but it's so tempting :):whistle::hrhr:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007