Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 52 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

DSC_4456.jpg

Beware of the Snake

Seen on a neighbours gate.

Edited by Roger the Dodger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Merci, l'homme de la terre des kangouroussmile.png

Et les serpents!shock.gif

Edited by Iconic Ride

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

Congrats Paul! and pass on my best to Hazel.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweet :) now you can watch all the repeats and soaps in large screen :lol:

My C1 had it's 10K first service today, they picked it up from my house, did the work then dropped it back when it was done. Awesome :) And no bill too :)

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Having helped my chum Rex to dispose of 3/4 of a bottle of Bowmore he decided he didn't need (!) I returned home to the baking. All seems to be going well....having marinated the dried cherries in cherry liqueur overnight, I got out the new tart tin and the pastry...fitted the soggy bit into the hard bit...added the baking beans and inserted it into the oven. Then waited 12 minutes, as per the instructions. Next, one removes the beans and the baking parchment...BAKING parchment.....BAKING PARCHMENT!!!!!!?????

Bugger,.

Knew I'd forgotten something.

Bought the stuff, too....I blame the dog. Spent so much time throwing dog toys my mind was addled. Can't be anything to do with the wee dram......

ANYway, had had enough sense to buy two lots of pastry...so first lot was scrap and we "pressed on regardless"!!! New pastry sheet, stuffed that into the tart tin, added the parchment, then the beans, and back into the oven. 12 minutes later...or a bit more.....withdrew the (ever so slightly burnt, what Mum used to call "highly baked"...) pastry case from the oven. Peered at the instructions..... hmmm...smear bottom of tart with cherry jam...that could be fun in slightly different circumstances....DOWN, BOY!!!....so out with the cherry confiture and smeary smeary until it looked about right. Got the marinated dried cherries and strew them about over the tart base....a goodly covering was obtained. I had already simmered the cream and melted the chocolate and added the eggs...whipped the lot together...so I poured this dark brown gloop over the cherries.

WOW!

Looks like the drawing.......what next?

"return to the oven and bake for around 20 minutes...centre should be wobbly..." Indeed? Do they know me???!! O-kay ... back in the oven it went...then waited for the "about 20 minutes"...actually around 17 minutes when I checked it.....poked the centre with my forefinger and lo! It was, as advertised, wobbly. This divine creation is now sitting on a rack, in it's tin, cooling down before being consumed tomorrow. So far, it's more of a success than my attempt at dealing with a crab......but that's another story, as you may recall.......

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

My old man (88 years old this year) is an avid supporter of Norwich City FC, but I've not known him go to a game (neither I nor my brother like, or even can withstand football) and my Niece has apparently purchased him a ticket for a game next next year (Burnley?, Blackburn?, B...? , I'm pi**d and that's my excuse), so I'm really happy that she thought of this as an appropriate gift (I'm welling up , if you know what I mean when I start to think thoughts beginning with "He may not get another chance...".

I took the Kayak out at lunch time, paddled down Bongle Bongle Creek, listening to Cecilia Bartolli, a nice sunny day, and the whole place to myself.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)