Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 56 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Funny looking things but excellent track car! :thumbup:

Yes an easy 325 bhp and just over 1300 kgs front engine rear wheel drive spells sideways fun to me

Have you bought one then Dave?

Trevor.

Very, very nearly. It's about the best one in the country and they only made 70 odd can't quite agree on price though.

I'll feel free to comment then :-). I thought it would be blisteringly fast given the 320bhp in a car the size of an MX5 but for some reason it just doesn't shine. Gearchange wasn't as snicky as it could be 1st to 2nd which dulls it and the handling is nothing to write home about. Fuel economy sucks given the engine doesn't have to do any work, I think mostly 22mpg. Attractive cars in my view but was left a little disappointed in ownership. S54 engine is best I believe but vie not tried one and Coupe is worth the extra.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

It being a sunny and warmish sort of day, the runes having been cast and found favourable, the dust cover came off the shiny beast and she burst into life first prod....as usual....and there followed a fairly gentle 50 odd miles through the countryside, with the odd mad thrunge, as you do....sloshed some more fuel in....and bimbled back to the workshop, via the Supermarket for a spot of shopping. However hard I try, can't think of anything much wrong with the old girl. The undamaged seats I got from Mike Brewer (ours, in Exeter, not 'im orf the telly) have gone in nicely...the turbo still won't blow past 5.5 psi, but I don't care as that's good for longevity...the idle is a little high; but that comes under the heading Nitpickings R Us....!

I'm still smiling 4 hours later....

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

"...and Coupe is worth the extra."

Ironically, at least here in the States, the coupe was actually stickered at slightly less than the roadster, owing (I suppose) to the extra hardware for the roadster's softtop feature. I was drawn to the coupe primarily by its relative rarity vs the roadster, and the fact that it is torsionally stiffer than the already stiff (for a convertible) roadster chassis (which, of course, it shares from the window sills down). As Bibs said, it is a bit of a "funny looking thing," but some viewing angles definitely have their merits, and for a sneaker it's pretty quick. :D

.bmw_m-coupe_side1.jpg

And wipe that smile off your face, Mr Douglas, and get cracking on setting up a proper idle. :devil:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Don't want to stray too far off topic on this thread but, I like its retro good looks and plan if I buy it to put some Yokohama AO8 tyres on it and have an open top blast with it both on road but as much track fun as I can get in. Many people consider it to be a modern Healey 3000.

The idle's me own fault, guv.....I took all the slack out of the throttle linkage and just slightly overdid it.... I shall, as commanded, give it a wee tweak...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Got one of my headlights to stop throwing a tantrum every time it was told to go to bed. It was nice gift left by a previous owners work.

I don't know what it is but fixing even small things like that makes the day a little better.

'86 Lotus Esprit Turbo

Survival is generally a good thing....have a speedy recovery. Surgery is weird stuff...you can remember NOT going to sleep and then you're awake again...the time in between just disappears! Pity one can't get through duff weather the same way...

Hope you recover quickly Nige.

I'm happy because its my first day off tomorrow in 12 days and me and my pool team are in the finals of the Norfolk Cup. Not that we expect much against an England player and 4 Norfolk players but getting there was a triumph.

Also happy because Pool Finals = drinking which I also haven't done in 12 days........GET IN!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

We won the Pool cup!!! Happy, We all got drunk, Very Happy. Saw family from Coventry who I haven't seen in years!!! Awesome. Engliah team beat a German team in the Champions League Final....Even better. Got loads of gardening and stuff done, played poker and booked a couple of days off this week to catch up with some studying!!

Overall a brilliant weekend!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Just started teaching Darth Vader's Grandson to drive! How cool is that :D

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 weeks later...

And meanwhile today should be the highest temp this year (95 deg F) ,which although is far from Las Vegas 110+ it's not typical for summer here in Western NY. We are also bordering on drought (haven't mowed the lawn in a month..all browned out ). Too bad there wasn't some sort of global balance tube to re-route excess water to where it's needed and balance temps. :-P

Next thing will be a nice "Snap-On" 5/16" combination spanner to cut his teeth on.....congrats!!

Guest Georgie

Finaly got the Eclat runniing with out an air lock in the cooling system (see previous posts) and also I have fitted a coolant retreival system to catch any coolant from the over flow and return it when required(see photos attached)

Cheers

Georgie

post-14416-0-23664300-1342579117.jpg

post-14416-0-50569500-1342579132.jpg

post-14416-0-23000300-1342579144.jpg