Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 78 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Popped out to get the wife a bottle of wine from the shops......

35 mile round trip - hmmmmmm

The exhaust decat pipe I got from paul (esprit mania) sounds great - I also replaced all the windscreen trims last week as the old ones were proud and very wind noisy....... Much much quieter and nicer with those two sorted.

In the interest of balance - the iac I'm sure is knackered and still giving me random high revs....... New one comes tomorrow....

Only here once

Did a quick bunk to the Winton historics today. In the Eleven!

Three hrs, 260 klm each way. No qualms, no worries, and when I got there, they suggested the car was much too pretty to hide in the car park, and found a spot up the front of the display for it.

And only half a tank each direction. Frugal too!

The car didnt miss a beat, bit cool, five degrees this morning, only hiccup was driving home with no instrument lights at all. Apparently car never had any. Couldnt wear the sunnies for eye protection either.

Headlights were fine, but speed was estimated by sound, hmm dont think I was slower either.

Spur of the moment, took the wife out for lunch today as need to store up some brownie points (got a weekend in Spa to get approved that she does not know about yet :) ). Obviously, it was also just a ruse to get the Evora out and drink in some of the wonderful Scottish roads and sights around Dunkeld and Birnham, as opposed to cutting the grass!.

Great wee trip and great weather too with a nice walk around the cathedral, the riverside and the town followed by some local vanilla ice cream made with chunks of tablet - felt like a wee 5 year old on holiday again.....   hahaha

Only downside, a moments inattention and scraped the nearside wheel on a kerb, must have been the sugar rush from the ice-cream - arggghhhh - only had them repainted a few days ago - oh well, she is not a museum piece she is there to be used and driven and we had a blast!!!  Now, where's the mobile wheel guys number gone, he isn't gonna believe this call!!!!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Doh! I had a tyre fitted and hadn't got 20 yards from the fitters when it started hissing! I turned around expecting it not be be seated on the rim or the valve not fitted correctly and I'd picked up a massive nail! Quickest puncture repair they'd ever done!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

lol - that cheered me up Bibs..... 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That part of the post about the scrape could have gone in this threads alter ego one.  What made you unhappy today, and kept this one all sweetness and nice like the tablet.

I did say in a PM I think, watch out for kerbs because the gloss black takes no prisoners with scrapes does it?  I find the Halfords Gloss Black touch up fine paint stick thing a very useful accessory......... :getmecoat:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

When I did it I immediately remembered your words Al - hey ho, the cars for driving but that wheel needs more than a pen touch up! :huh:

The small print.

Blame SWMBO!  If it wasn't for her, then you wouldn't have needed to take her out to gain Brownie points.  Logical - no? :unworthy:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Doh! I had a tyre fitted and hadn't got 20 yards from the fitters when it started hissing! I turned around expecting it not be be seated on the rim or the valve not fitted correctly and I'd picked up a massive nail! Quickest puncture repair they'd ever done!

Same happened to me recently on my BMW. (50yds or should that be meters). It was in the centre of the tread. Tyre depot a National chain said "can not repair you need another tyre".

B****** I said you are having a Turkish.

On went the skinny and went to another tyre place, non chain, Tyre off inspected, plugged and filled with Nitrogen £15.

First tyre depot are thieves I had just spent a £1000 of hard earned and they could not give a damn.

• Gold FFM

MMM, had to think about that for a moment as I am back in Kazakhstan, then realised it's 6 weeks past Friday sine my TIA. The second realisation was that the left paw which was having difficulty sometimes hitting the keys on the pc that they were supposed to hit, were in fact doing what they shoud, OK so still get the odd typo but hey spell checkers pretty good and I realy dont care as I was lucky. The stop smoking brigade can also give a well desereved round of applause 12 days in and only smoked 22 fags, ok not that brilliant but for a guy who was smoking 30 plus a day at times I think thats bloody good, additional bonus is Mrs W has decided to stop as well so Cherrybank is now a none smoking home. I know my next week is going to be a bit stressful as I will be doing contract negotiaitions to keep our company here for the next 3 years, if successful so no real pressure !!, but I am now of the mind, what will be will be and I recon we have given a pretty good account of ourselves for the past couple of years that our main client will come through. Steve at SJ has confirmed to Wendy that all the parts I need for the rebuild of the Bright Yellow 3 will be home in time for me but I plan to fit my spare engine while I sort out the issues with her original, many may say why go to the trouble, thing is I have a good spare 2.2 and it will be quicker to drop that in than change out all the seals gasket, water pump belts etc on the orginal plus I only have 3 days in total to get it done when I get home, the downside is I have had to order a new waterpump, grrrrr. I just gave away a rebuilt spare I had. Doubt if you lot remember but two years ago I came across a lost to the Esprit world S1, well the owner called me up and said he had blown his engine and asked if I had a spare and since it was a 2Lt I did but it needed a water pump, yep I gave him my spare so now it costs me £100 + to get another one for myself. Still I am happy todayas thats 2 cars will be back on tarmac instead of one. Bonus.

Ooop's it's 0530 am, a thunder storm has just started, I have to walk to the office and where is my jacket !!!!!.

So just to remind you guys what the new project looks like, well its and excuse to post a pic. Cant wait to see just how good she will be once all polished up and looking like only a Bright in your face Yellow immaculate, very low mileage (52 K ), only 3 previous owners S3 can.

post-12149-0-35073000-1433120202.jpg

Any body know, do you still get paiint touch up sticks, I have a few stone chips on the front bumper.

• Gold FFM

Had the same typo problem John. Still have it, truth be known. Frustrating.

Good news on the cigarettes. Keep at it. You'll quit. Your body will already be getting better from it. Eat apples instead. :)

Glad you are back at work mate.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Al - your logic is flawless. In fact, I am so fed up with SMWBO and the little niggles/extra expenses etc. that I am now doing the maths and seeing if it would be cheaper for me to get rid and run an Exige V6 Cup instead, obviously alongside my much loved Evora.  

The small print.

Well, I have a dishwasher already, a local take away, and then there is a quick turnaround washing/ironing service too. Strugling to see the downside to having the Cup here  :)     ( haha, if SWMBO ever reads this, I am DEAD! It will be slow, it will be painful, and yes, the knife will be blunt and rusty  :)  )

The small print.

• Gold FFM

My wife would use a spoon. A little one.  :scared:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

HaHa, Andy, dont want to gloat, well not a lot, but thats what you get for buying the car I was after, hahahahaha Now on a more sensible note (a lotus owner sensible ) are yu joining the run to Knockhill in a couple of weeks time witht he crew from Edinburgh, Glagow and all points central. If I make it in time the plan is to come down with the YPS3 but it's going to be a big challenge to have it ready.

Oh and I promise I will never tell the wife what you said, now how little were you selling the car for.

Lol - thanks John. I deserved that but then I was enjoying the car that "I bought"  whilst you were thinking about it - thinking is a dangerous game....   :2guns:

I am planning to be out on the run on Sunday 7th June from Strathcaro to Inverurie but had not heard of the Knockhill run - more info please John....

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Hi Maichael and as uaul, thanks for your encouragement, yep the old paw was a strange sensation, even now every once in a while it goes it's own way so you concentrate that bit harder. As for the fags well thats been a battle of boredom against ciggies, no0w I am back at work  and I want a ciggie I have to gown 6 stories of a multi story block of flats, one of the reasons I chose it, who the hell wants to do that acouple of times a night for a smoke. No bloody chance, same with first thing in the morning, by the time I went down and back up then had brekie it would be time to go back to bed.So the choice of the apartment over hotel accomodation has paid off and time will tell how long it takes to stop completely. The BP is fairly stable now so thats another good sign.

Cheers Michael, keep us up to date with your own progress.

Andy, jump on to the LEGS site and it should give you all the details, sounds like it's going to be a good day out. or ping Wendy on Club Lotus NEScotland and she will copy you.

Armed Forces Appreciation Day.

BingoKing can give you the info if you ping him.

Ah, OK - yes got a PM from Bingoking last night about this - unfortunately I am taking the missus away that weekend for a break - off to the Peak District for some nice driving etc.  No doubt a good excuse to scratch the hell out of the other 3 wheels!!!

Otherwise, I'd have been there. I'm looking to do a track day at Knockhill in July too - know any good ones?

To keep on Topic - What made me happy today was throwing back the bedroom curtains and seeing my lovely red Evora parked at the top of the drive basking in the sunshine - I will never tire of that look over the back cover / spoiler from on high....

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Thanks Andy, must get together when I get back to the UK this time and compare the two stunners, your not that far away, about 90 miles and I am sure I can pull the claws in for a short spell. How far from Perth are you. ping me a message if you like, promise I wont send the boys round.

• Gold FFM

Budsy, 1500 miles in a year, Mrs W probably does that in her M100 in about 6 weeks and double that in the Rav4, you must be on a bus or train route.