Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Twitter - Technology & Gaming - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Twitter

Kimbers

Ok, so I admit it I Twitter under Kimbers34.

Anyone else? I need more friends, currently I just watch people like Jonathan Ross, Russell Brand and Eddie Izzard

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't understand the point of twitter, each to their own and all but why would anyone want to know a blow by blow account of your life and movements, I don't understand what need the site fulfils or what purpose it serves.

08:00 got out of bed

08:10 went to the toilet & had a shower

08:30 going to have jam on toast for breakfast

08:40 I decided to have marmalade on toast instead

08:45 going to work now

09:00 just got to work, got lots to do today.....

Why would anybody care about what I'm doing at any particular moment in time and why would I want to know what my friends are doing all the time. If it's anything of particular interest it'll come up in the next conversation we have, if it's not that interesting I don't want to know.

• Gold FFM

Hey Kimbers - does the name 'Custer' ring a bell?

I'm one of the indians too! You're on your own, paleface.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Pfeh!

I only asked! ;)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

It'll pass like any fad. But I can't go out more, no dough!

hmmm sounds like that status thing on facebook.

keep meaning to add one that says

Toby doesn't give a flying Fat F*CK what your all up to today or any other day!!!

Bah Humbug!!!!

Man flu bad mood I'm afraid!!

Edited by mangel

Nice April fool. Haven't been caught as yet....... ;) Actually I did. You know who you are!

Of course if we dive further into the slang terms of the language... "film language"... a 'twiter' has the same basic job as a 'fluffer'...

:)

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark

I'll back you up on this one... I am on twitter (_benb).

I resisted for a while but joined a while back while at a technical conference as an experiment. It was quite interesting to watch other peoples comments on the speakers during the talk. It also provided a good way of gaining a high level understanding of what was going on in the other talks.

I now tend to have it in the background at work. I follow some of the thought leaders in the industry (IT - software development) so it is useful to hear what they are working on / thinking about. I also tend to post technical stuff that I am working on or find out.

It is also useful during news events. During the g20 riots, it was interesting to keep an eye on the twitter posts happening at the time (especially as it was going on outside my office!)

-Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

8:00 AM Opened car door with key. Sat down. Closed door.

8:01 AM Adjusted seat, checked mirrors, inserted key into ignition.

8:02 AM Pushed clutch in, selected neutral, turned key to start.

8:02 plus 1 second AM Engine started, key released to on.

8:03 AM Selected reverse, backed out of garage. Used brakes to stop.

8:04 AM Closed garage door using remote. Continued backing out driveway, into street.

8:04 plus 5 seconds AM Selected first gear, turned wheel to align with desired direction of travel.

8:05 AM Began drive down street to stop sign. Stopped car using brakes. Pushed clutch in to avoid stalling car.

8:05 plus 4 seconds AM Slowly fed in clutch while adding gas. Turned wheel to right so as to turn in that direction.

8:06 AM Proceeded down street to stoplight. Was red, so stopped car using brakes. Selected neutral while waiting.

8:10 AM Light finally turned green. Selected first gear, added gas as released clutch. Turned wheel to left to join highway.

8:10 plus 2 seconds AM Selected second gear. Continued accelerating.

8:10 plus 4seconds AM Selected third gear. Continued accelerating.

8:10 plus 6 seconds AM Selected fourth gear. Continued accelerating.

8:10 plus 8 seconds AM Selected fifth gear. Used right foot to stabilize speed at 60 mph. Used steering wheel to remain on road.

8:10 plus 11 seconds AM Have near accident while typing last tweet. Realize folly of entire Twitter enterprise.

8:10 plus 15 seconds AM Press driver side window switch to down. Lower window. Type "Toss electronic device out window, and do so."

(end of tweet...)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

6.27am laughed out loud at the previous post

Edited by Howard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

• 9 months later...
  • Gold FFM

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Must....resist.....must...not...sign...up....nnngggggggggggg

LOL what is it...too many twits make a twat ?

:respect:

I can see it useful as a comercial tool and I guess if you're obsessed with attention hungry 'celebrities' but I get enough of facebook with people constantly telling me ever inch of their lives.

Carry on <_<

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk

I find it pretty rubbish. But each to their own. But it is pretty rubbish.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg