Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
V8 SEATS - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

V8 SEATS

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks I hate the thought of changing anything my car as its so original but I hope to take it across europe this summer and I dont think my spine could take it

Check out the possibility of getting some of the seats from the Sport 350 - I have driven from the UK to Germany and have to say they are very comfortable. They are far more comfortable than my daily drive Astra.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I can relate to your discomfort.

Strip them and have a plate or mesh frame fitted under the front section of the frame where it bends up. IE the support under your thighs. The rubber under the bum can remain but could be shortened. You'll probably also notice that the front of that foam has split where it rests over the metal tube. You should now have full support from the seat corner all the way to your knees.

On the backrest have another plate or mesh frame fitted behind the air bladder for the lumber support. So when you adjust it for your back it will move forward into your lumber region. As it is now, pumping just pushes everything backwards with little or no pressure applied to your back.

One last thing, if you're less than about 180cms, the seat may be too long. It measures about 57cms while Recaros and most other seats are about 52cms. Once you've stripped it you'll notice somewhere there was a cock-up because an extra 5cms of foam had been glued to the side bolsters.

The frame could be shortened or extra foam added to the backrest.

While the covers are off it is also worthwhile having two zips sewn instead of the one. Makes it so much easier re-assembling the covers and drawing the tags that hold them in shape.

DanR

Alternatively, try a pair of original Sport seats as fitted to the V8 GT + GT3. I replaced the so called 'comfort' seats for these as I've always found the armchairs to be uncomfy over a long distance.

Ha I think I may need fat ass seats. I take it then aftermarket seats ie recaros cant be made to fit then? I seem to always find myself sliding forward as if the front of the seat needs lifted up a bit.

Aftermarket bucket style seats can be made to fit without any major drame. I had a pair of Corbeau race seats fitted in my Project V8 and they were excellent - especially when used in conjunction with proper harnesses. But they are rather uncompromising - excellent for zapping around a circuit or on a spirited drive, but not really suitable for any long journeys.

The standard seats are a good compromise between comfort and

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Hi Mike,

I don't suppose you still have the original 350 seats do you? My drivers seat has worn on the side bolster as they all do so its either a good second hand one or have it re-trimmed. A re-trim is hassle and a spare is always useful. :sofa:

cheers

-Chris

I don't suppose you still have the original 350 seats do you?

-Chris

Sorry Chris - the original seats were sold a very long time ago. I have nothing left from the original car.

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Are you shorter than 180cms. If so you could be sliding forward subconsciously because the seat is too long and you need to bend your knee over the front. Once you do that you also lose the support in the small of the back. It's worse for short women. Like a child on an adult seat.

That was the point of my observation about the seats being too long at 57cms compared to the standard of 52cms.

DanR