Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Free V8 OBDII Scan Tool - Page 2 - ECU/OBDII - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Free V8 OBDII Scan Tool

peter_england99

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While trying to install the software, it´s said that VBAJet32.dll had an access violation.

I tried to PM you, Peter, but your mailbox is full ;)

Any suggestions?

Sport 350 - the Real Devil

Peter,

I installed the software yesterday morning on a Windows 7 laptop after 'upgrading' from a Vista laptop.

I haven't started the car, but your software does allow me to read the sensors and switch items on/off (fuel pumps, radiator fans...).

No problems.

And if I haven't mentioned it recently, thanks so much for this software!

Derik

• 4 months later...

Hi Peter,

thanks for a great tool. But I'm having trouble reading data from my car. I have done everything as you described. I have a ELM 327 device , baud rate set to 38400, com port set correct (verified via Device manager), but I just can't seem to work this out. When I start the "read all" command, the only thing happening is that the column "ELM version" (in the OBD DAta tab) gets filled with: ELM 327 v1.4 after that, noting. I tried raising the "ELM Timout" value to 100, didn't help either.

Hope one of you guys can help me out

Thanks a ot

Hi David,

Are you turning the key in the ignition? You need to at least turn the key to the 'Ignition anxiliaries' position to get the car to power up the ECU/ECM. Alternatively, if the engine is running, the ECU is obviously powered.

If you have done the above and you are still not talking to the ECU, then have you tried both OBDII sockets in the car (In the passenger foot well and next to the battery)?

From your description, it looks like the link between your computer and the ELM interface is working as the ELM software version is being read from the ELM chip in the 327 device. Did your 327 device come with some software? If yes, could you try this software and see if that software is working.

Please let me know how you get on.

Where are you located?

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the tips. Took the steering columns out a 2 day ago, so I can't really try them now.

Just to let you know I already tried both sockets and I tried reading with the engine on.

I basically have the same ELM327 as fmxa (see post # 12) just from a different company, but looks exactly the same, I guess they all come from the same Chinese factory anyway. Mine is suppose to support all 9 protocolls:

SAE J1850 PWM (41.6 kbaud)

SAE J1850 VPW (10.4 kbaud)

ISO 9141-2 (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)

ISO 14230-4 KWP (5 baud init, 10.4 kbaud)

ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast init, 10.4 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 500 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 500 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (11 bit ID, 250 kbaud)

ISO 15765-4 CAN (29 bit ID, 250 kbaud)

But it states it doesn't work with VAG COM (but i guess that's only important for VWs)

I'll try with the included software and let you know. If someone could provide me link to a European site where I can buy a "known to work" ELM 327 device, I'd be really grateful.

@ Peter - located in Austria

Thanks

Dave

• 1 month later...

I've downloaded & used this software - excellent thanks Peter for making it so available.

Cheers

Julian

Edited by julianwhite

Esprit SE-V8

TVR Cerbera V8 4.5

Range Rover V8

Jaguar XJR

Suzuki GSXR1100

Honda CR500R Red Rocket

ZIP 250 Racing Kart

VW Golf GTi

• 10 months later...

Really useful features but best of all is its abillity to download data to an Excel spreadsheet for later viewing/diagnosis.

Thanks again Peter

Cheers

Paul

Can some explain the steps to log the data to an Excel spreadsheet?

Thanks!

Can some explain the steps to log the data to an Excel spreadsheet?

Thanks!

I figured it out. There's a little check box at the bottom left of the ODB Data tab that says "Log to:" and then you select the file location.

• 3 months later...
Hi Peter or anyone,

I have been using the great software for a couple years. I have found an issue a couple months ago when I had to take the car for smog check again last. I could just be my ignorance. Any help is appreciated.

I had to do my normal smog check for registration last November in California. The battery had been disconnected and replaced so I drove it for a while to set the ECU. I thought I drove enough but the smog check station told me emission passed with flying color but the sensors readiness failed, none of them were ready. I drove home and read it with my reader, on the Vehicle Test screen all said complete or ready. I went back there and their system said all but two were not ready. So I drove it for another 50 miles and all were passed and done.

So you now know my question, why is there a discrepancy if they both are all reading data from the same register port? Is it just simply an user's error? I hit refresh several times and the status did not change.

Thank you!
Stanley

Edited by ssoaos

Hi Bill,

Lotus provided me the technical documentation under the condition that I did not pass it on and did not use it for personal gain. I suggest that you contact Lotus and ask them if they can supply you with the specification. As they supplied it to me and Wayne Ellison, I don't see why they wouldn't supply it to others.

I dealt with Ralph Purvis and Brian Angus at Lotus. I don't know if Ralph is still at Lotus. Sadly, I do know that Brian is no longer there (hopefully enjoying his retirement).

Regards,

Peter.

• 2 months later...

I somehow missed this pinned topic and posted this in the "wrong" place. I don't know how to delete the other one, so I'll just link to it here: http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/57358-obdlink-mx-works-great-scanguage-ii-does-not-work-at-all