Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 5 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Steve those ain't screws, its snapped valve heads from when I took apart the block.
I've got brand new over size JE Pistons, bored out liners, light weight con rods, Inconel Valves, crank shaft, Alunox manifold and more ready to be fitted.
Since I had slow pace restoring this year I'm hoping to pickup pace next year.

post-15183-0-87425100-1417009159.jpg

post-15183-0-50713300-1417009157.jpg

post-15183-0-31444700-1417009158.jpg

post-15183-0-17415700-1417009159.jpg

post-15183-0-46666600-1417009156.jpg

• Like 1

Wow!

:thumbup:

I didn't think the Alunox manifold fitted the dry sump? Or is this a different one?

Wow!

:thumbup:

I didn't think the Alunox manifold fitted the dry sump? Or is this a different one?

It fits but with a change of turbo with integral wastegate and shorten the inlet plenum circa 10mm.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Yes nice 'bag of bits!'  :smoke:  I remember seeing that photo of the crash over the brook years ago Steve - Do you know what the story of the incident was?

Hi Neil any news on 017 ?

This is the letter that appeared in Club Lotus magazine with the details.

Dear Sir,

"It was with a tinge of regret that I noted the list of Essex Turbo's in your issue of Club Lotus Magazine. I can add to the history of 008 in that I purchased it from Norfolk Motors and owned it for some 18 months until local roadworks saw me leave the road at some 60 mph on a righthand curve fly over a stream some 30 feet below the road and escape unscathed.

I believe the car may have been rebuilt but I was assured by Lotus at the time that it could never be safe again".

The interesting thing is the car was obviously a write off but someone got hold of it and rebuilt it, 

I always wondered if the chassis and body survived the crash so I asked Hiroki to have a look at the chassis and he says it's the original, presumably the body was badly damaged judging by the piece of bodywork in the photo, if it still has the original body (or some of it) then there must be some evidence of repair.

So the answer to this will have to come from Hiroki.

Incidentally the DVLA date of liability is 01/05/1989 so must have presumably gone to Japan around this time.

I will try and find out the year when the crash happened.

Forgot to mention this but Hiroki said a lady in Japan ran into the back of it, didn't even brake !!!!!  :driving:  

post-3544-0-15589500-1417131924.jpg

It fits but with a change of turbo with integral wastegate and shorten the inlet plenum circa 10mm.

Trevor.

Thanks Trevor. Apologies too, we've already been over this haven't we!

Last time I spoke to him 018 wasn't finished.

I can't see any of the present owners parting with one although an offer of £50K might tempt someone.

There's only 009 & 015 that's still missing (numbered RHD Essex), the LHD Essex are really difficult to trace know were some of them are but still some gaps.

009 ? if it actually exists might be in Spain but that's a long shot. Lotus records - Ex. Demo car shipped to Guinea West Africa.

Lotus can't actually confirm if there was an 009. 

015 also missing but suspect this one was written off, doesn't exist according to DVLA using it's last known reg. no. HRD 7 so another mystery, although (and I don't like having to say this) someone might know the answer to this but I'm not allowed to expand !!!! 

Members,

I'm hoping that the owner of Essex No10 will read this and post some photos of it?

I know, thanks to Steve Tryner, that the car still exists.

I used to be the second owner, but never took many photos of it, only one which is now lost.

Thanks

Graham R

Yes Steve I have double checked before I made the purchase of the 008 that the chassis number and engine number matches the registration and that both numbers matches the ESSEX database.
The chassis was without a doubt original but as for the body it was over a year ago I last checked.
If I remember correctly, I could not see any repair marks around rear quarter as shown in your photo.
But one of the door and the bonnet had red paint underneath the ESSEX coloring so at least some of the body parts weren't original anymore, and I would assume so from the damage it got from jumping over a river.

SCCFC20A5AHD10932 Norfolk Mo. Co. 80 RHD CD910800918371 WNG 42X Mr. Metribian Shipped to Kuala Lumpur

Thats what I have for 009 Steve - Kuala Lumpur though I don't know where I got that from TBH!

017 has been moved to a new location in storage. The brakes eased off but we're not sure if the engine will run - pending Spring ...
Pauls lad is looking at getting a complete overhaul done so I have recommended him Gerald Turners based on comments on here.

I'm hoping to meet up with him over Christmas so will see if I can get some shots of 017 for here..........

Kuala Lumpar - Guinea West Africa - Spain - who knows could be anywhere.

This photo will fit the current topic Essex Radom Images - taken at Donnington few years ago no prizes for guessing who it is (it's not me). 

Will be good to see some new photo's of 017.

post-3544-0-92316900-1417393527.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Found these whilst surfing:

800px-Lotus_80_Silverstone_2007.jpg

Superman Movie

Essex_Superman_zps70f39efc.jpg

Swap Shop Special - huge number Lotus images on this flicker stream - must be someone on here. Fantastic shots.

• 1 month later...

a eclat is a difficult car to sell, and this one is NOT orginal, so i think thats why it did'n go...