Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Detailing - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Detailing

Evening All,

Was out today carrying out a new car detail for Andy who also suggested I join up on the forum and post up the pics of his car after todays session.

Detail consisted of:-

Rinse

Soap application with foam lance

Rinse

further soap application

Hand wash using 2 bucket method

Soap again

Rinse

Rinse wax

Hand dried with new super soft towels and re-glaze as a drying aide.

Wheels hand cleaned with bilberry.

I Won't go into too much detail, but the car did require a fair bit of correction today, some paintwork defects very visible on various areas of the car, most noticeable were the panels either side of the windscreen and also the rear panel above the rear window ( All black plastic ).

The were fairly easy to correct with menzerna polishes and a soft pad on the rotary.

This was all followed up with a hand application of Blackfire which was left to cure then machined off with the rotary. The difference this made to the car was honestly staggering!!! All the lines of the car are so well defined now, so sharp and direct now, just awesome!!!

Wheels were treated with a barier wax and exhausts polished, interior of the car given a quick hoover.

Tyres dressed.

More details are available should anyone require them, meanwhile, please enjoy your first Burnt Orange Evora!!

LotusEvora10.jpg

LotusEvora11.jpg

LotusEvora12.jpg

LotusEvora13.jpg

LotusEvora14.jpg

LotusEvora15.jpg

LotusEvora16.jpg

LotusEvora17.jpg

LotusEvora2.jpg

LotusEvora3.jpg

LotusEvora4.jpg

LotusEvora5.jpg

LotusEvora6.jpg

LotusEvora7.jpg

LotusEvora8.jpg

LotusEvora9.jpg

LotusEvora.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Ally

360complete.net

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was this a private spit and polish or garage handover buff up?

Private one Bolly Girl, I Will let Andy give his true feelings on it once he gets back from its service but to say he was blown away with the difference would be an understatement.

Once the car was washed down properly and viewed under the correct lighting it was amazing to see what the paintwork was really like. We had originally intended to carry out a protection detail on the car, washing it down then applying a sealant / glaze but ended up carrying out quite a lot of correction work prior to this stage to refine the finish and remove some blemishes / scuffs / marks etc. The black plastics were in quite a bad way, which is something Andy is going to take up with the factory when he is there in order to try and reduce this visual defect for any future builds. The black plastics ( Windscreen surrounds and rear window surround ) are a very soft and very high gloss finish that is very easy to mark - Obviously there had been a lot of polishing and wiping of the first cars to be available, hence perhaps the level of defects we came across. All correctable though and hopefully with Andys comments these can be reduced for future orders.

The car is really a complete thing of beauty now, the flake in the paint really came to life and just enhanced the lines of the car so much!

Cheers and thanks for asking.

Ally

Edited by 360 complete

Ally,

Welcome to the Forum. It certainly looked good.

I am sure that part of the reason Andrew suggested you join up on the Forum is because of potential spin off work from other owners like myself. I am fairly local and get my car on the 25th and also interested in this detailing and the wife's 4 x 4 having some TLC as well. I had already been looking for somebody for that and your website is providing all the info I needed so well timed. I will PM you so we can set up communications becuase I am half way round the world right now in Brazil.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Ally,

How much does this paint rejunvenation job cost? My Golf is a black pearl type paint, rather dull (4 years old) & covered in swirl marks. I intend selling it privately before the Evora arrives and would obviously like to maximise the price.

Do all new cars have paint and finish flaws?

Ally after recieving that picture message this morning of that car i had to come on for a look.

Well mate nice one i bet the owner was well happy with that job. What Last Stage Product did you use on that because that orange is so ripe :)

Nice job mate you certanly know how to detail the Lotus Range :P

Ditto for my new Evora and wife's black 4x4. :) However will be early/mid October for a report and photos of Aquamarine Evora due to hols and other things after taking delivery on 25th.

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Impressive results Ally and great to have you directly involved in the forum. Useful to hear your comments on the correction work too and it'll be great if your and Andy's feedback is taken on board by Lotus.

I guess you see quite a few exotics in your line of work: aside from the paintwork, what did you reckon of the Evora?

Hi TomE ( And all the others )!

Thanks for all the positive replies, all very encouraging! Will be signing up as a full supporter of the site within the next week so any help and advice I can give on cleaning / correcting / maintaining / products / aftercare...........the list goes on - then please feel free to ask away.

Hopefully I will get a few more Evora's under my belt, I Have done a lot of detailing on Lotus cars for the past 2 years now ( Around 35 cars at the last count..........) So consider myself very familiar with what they like / don't like, what performs well on what colours etc, what the limits are on correction.

Few pics ( Ok not an Evora but just some examples of what can be achieved on a tired black Lotus with the right products, knowledge, time and patience........

KevExigeS22.jpg

KevExigeS23.jpg

KevExigeS2.jpg

As for my comments on the Evora, loved it the first time i seen the Murray's demo, not sure the white was the best colour to try and get people to buy but still love it! It shows lines and influences of so many other marque of car, the roof has the same forms as that of the Koenigsegg, the front lights have Gallardo influences, the intakes in the rear quarters have Ferrari 430 influences, rear has the same design for the aerofoil as the NSX, Seats are almost identical to those in an R8, just so many of the best cars in the world car be picked out, awesome machine!!

I'm a big fan of Lotus cars in general but this is on a new level ( as is expected ), interior is so well designed and finished, in many respects its way better than cars costing 3, 4 or more times the price ( Have a look in an F40 if you get the chance, just watch your hands on the rough fibreglass endges that they didn't even file down.......).

Can't wait for my first drive in one, very interested to see what they are like on track as Andy was blown away with his few laps!!

Thanks again

Ally

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ally

I'm new to the site, but very impressed with your skills. I'm taking delivery of Canyon Red with Anthracite wheels in October and would like to get it off to the right start. Problem is I'm next to useless in such matters so 'hands on' is much preferred to advice. Maybe I can PM you next month to discuss?

Other similar comments must be making you a man in demand?

So, Ally duly turned up early on Monday morning to have go at my Esprit. He actually started a good 45 minutes later as we prattled on about cars in general and Lotus in particular - he's a genuine enthusiast. And I was supposed to be working!

He spent a couple of hours on the car and finished just as it started raining (hence no pictures) and I have to say he's done a superb job, interior as well. Check out the Exige he posted earlier - thats how my paintwork now looks. I'm really pleased. The only downside is that the bodywork now puts the wheels to shame, so I'll have to see about getting them re-furbed/replaced. Bugger.

He was complementary about the quality of the paintwork (for a 2001 car) and said he did not do as much work on it as he was expecting to do. I wonder if the quality of the older cars has anything to do with the transition from oil based to water based paint in recent years? This may explain the Evora issues he found. Any thoughts Ally?

Next Monday he will be trying to get a bunch of scratches and swirls out the wife's SLK (also black). That will be a better 'test' for him :)

Edited by hedgerley

• 1 month later...

Ally came and did my Evora when it was a week old and also did my wife's 4 yr old Murano which is black. Well it had been at one time anyway. :ball: The Murano came up a treat from it's charcoal colour it had bloomed to. We are very happy with the work and many neighbours even commented on it looking black again. Water (& dirt)runs off it a treat now. Unfortunately no photos offshore with me to post of before and afters but will at month end. I also cannot remember the product name he used. Something like Black Diamond but again all info at home. Would happily recommend him.

With regards to the Evora it obviously did not require so much work and did not have such a huge difference as Andrews. Reason being is when getting a factory collection aparently the car comes unpolished. The reason is a ban on these products on site at Hethel as even minute quantities can cause havoc with painting and other processes. Any dealer delivery is obviously PDI'd and then polished/prepared in house. The car however is at least treated now and more protection on the paint, wheels etc. for the future.

Ally was very knowledgeable about all the processes and different paints etc. used by different manufacturers and obviously loves his cars and work. (Part of my job is coatings so know a few things myself) The photo album he carried alone is well worth a flick if you love cars! You can trust your pride and joy to him and it will be well looked after.

post-7988-125744447121_thumb.jpg

post-7988-125744449541_thumb.jpg

post-7988-125744452382_thumb.jpg

post-7988-125744456409_thumb.jpg

post-7988-125744460167_thumb.jpg

post-7988-125744465092_thumb.jpg

post-7988-125744468062_thumb.jpg

Will you be/have you already armourfend-ed the car?

Go on then. Enlighten me Bibs! I am not familiar with the product. I can barely gather enough enthusiasim to wash the things normally never mind some of the TLC I read about elsewhere on these forums. Isn't that why you get cars serviced anually so they are cleaned?? :ball: I have even had neighbours come up my drive and clean my wheels for me in the past when I wasn't looking. :lol:

I have the promo CD of the main product Ally uses at home. I will read up on it when I return but he thought it would last at least a year if not more, especially as kept in heated garage and only used 6 months.

If however that is the plastic film coating then yes I had the front nose part done from new. Not the main 'bonnet' area as that meant a join line crossing the wings which I didn't want.

Edited by Al.

"Any pics of the Esprit Mark, always nice too see! How did he get on with the SLK?"

I've been driving it to much Bibs, no time for pics! The weather has not been to kind recently and no sooner had he got it looking pristine then I went and got it covered in crud! A good wash and polish maybe next weekend and I'll post some pics.

As for the SLK, again, Ally did a fantastic job. The left side of the bonnet was a mess but he managed to get rid of 99% of the swirls and bring it up to a really good 'wet look' shine.

BTW, I don't seem to be displaying all the pictures on the screen since you upgraded the site. My 'LEF Show Car' signature doesn't appear anymore, just the cross. Any ideas?

Edited by hedgerley

I have the promo CD of the main product Ally uses at home. I will read up on it when I return but he thought it would last at least a year if not more, especially as kept in heated garage and only used 6 months.

I found that I had a note of product name with me and it is called "Blackfire" An Americian product and was in a kit of 3 different products costing about 90 Pounds I think he said if I had been interested.

Hedgerly, I lost my Signature details completly with the merge and Bibs told me to redo the lot. Have you tried deleting and re-installing the photo? I still have to find time to reinstate myself into the garage as well but very slow from offshore.