Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
It's arrived - Starlight Black Evora - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

It's arrived - Starlight Black Evora

bolly girl

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely colour to look at. One of my generally favourite car colours. Just not to own! :P I am not an avid car washer and black cars have to be clean like this to appreciate. This colour brings out certain lines of the car that others hide due I think to the whole rear window crossover effect being hidden. Much more coupe looking which is nice.

I think it is great how you notice different design aspects or watever, in every different colour we see photos of the cars in, in every day situations now being delivered. This colour for some reason threw up how much of the side back window is actually masked for example or how grey the stealth grey wheels are.

Many miles of happy motoring and washing :)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

So far it's all good news, fantastic day weather wise to match. It handles corners with adorable ease, tucks on nicely, smooth on the run, lovely engine note when windows are down. Turned a few, no, lots of heads today when out for a run in town.

Several 'stunning, well "cool, the business" comments overheard from a group of yoofs/petrol head wannabes

The only downer is not being able to unleash it's full potential when tail gated by said yoofs - it's crying out to be let loose. Restraint is difficult, but hey ho still managed to scare the son, didn't know he could shout "Brake Brake BRAKE" so loudly. :P

As to the Alpine system, our 9yr old figured out before we did how to turn the stereo off and played with the sat nav with ease - kids of today :lol: . He has requested extension pedals to enable him to drive it, chance and fat.

Other half has ordered the sports exhaust already

Re ' washing a lot' - That was the reason we chose starlight over flat black. The starlight has subtle flecks which help mask the dirt and I don't really intend on taking it dirt tracking, besides which at 5'6" even I can reach the roof to slosh some water over it, just can't decide whether to use the Evian or sparkling Tesco own brand :) Tough decisions to make

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08

• Gold FFM

Fantastic! Can see why you've called it the Batmobile cool.gif

Agree with Al's comments about the different colours and real-world pictures showing up different lines. It does make the car very visually interesting. Look forward to seeing some more pics - think some posed shots in some arty locations could be stunning with a black car.

I took a few pictures, but as it was the centre of attention didn't get many clear shots.

Any objections to posting some of them here (they do show the plate though).

Also thanks for phoning Bollygirl to bring it in, and thanks to her for blagging her way in!

Dave.

Thanks Matt, absolutely worth the wait, I have had a couple of test drives in the 14 month wait and each time I was impressed but 24 hrs later I would start to wonder again whether i was doing the right thing.

Now I have the car, I love it, it handles amazingly.

It turns heads everywhere, I have a permanent daft grin on my face.

Tonight, I have put it in the garage, put the cover over it and given it a little hug.

Matt, I hope you are having as much fun as me :)

Dave- if you could hide the number plate i'd appreciate it.

Edited by Senior

Senior I know what you mean about the waiting & doubts creeping in - but like you - I'm thrilled.

Mine doesn't have a nice warm garage....but I did manage to spend nearly 3 hours cleaning and polishing it yesterday - so it's not starved of attention!

I'm also finding I have a recent urge to make those long distance journeys that I wouldn't have thought about a few weeks ago...seeing family....driving up to Leeds to see a football game...strange.

Have you had any urges to just nip back into the garage to check the car's ok?

I'm not given to adding "looks fantastic" comments whenever someone posts a picture of their car on a forum, but that, er, looks fantastic. I really like the look of the black. It didn't look so great on the prototype I saw in the factory, but all shiny it looks amazing.

Given today's news perhaps it needs gold coach lines.

Simon

He won't appreciate this...but

What do you say to a man washing his new car....

....don't leave it half in/out of the garage with the garage remote control in your pocket - it might just close the doors by accident on the bonnet

It's funny now, but I'm glad I wasn't around at the time :)

Deposit Paid 25.07.08

Delivery Date: 10.09.08