Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Engine work to be done - Page 10 - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Engine work to be done

Dave Freeman

Dave

I can pop over to Sparky if that helps? Although might not arrive till just after lunchtime on Saturday.

Chris

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Dave, may stop by Saturday, but cannot stay the night... :rolleyes: Missus wil be in Germany on busness and I have the young one to take care of...

Cheers

Felix

Hi Dave

It looks good progressing your project :rolleyes:

I just wonder where you mount the el. pump? (I hope you have all el. components like relay,fusebox ...)

Another issue I thought, may replace the eath cabeling between engine/frame, so you have good eath connecion!

Also, check the feul injectors are working OK

Y.Hotta

Edited by esp88

Felix, would be great to see you on Saturday.

Yashou, not sure about the fitting of the CC pump but there is a way of wiring it in direct. The earth strap look ok, injectors are my old ones so they should be ok

Going to web cam it again, so watch out for the fun and games.

Dave

Going to web cam it again, so watch out for the fun and games.

This being the case and last times grief with the wireless, would you like me to make up a really long network cable and if so how long does it need to be ?. I'm assuming the laptop does have a wired network port on it ?

Martyn :wallbash:

Well done for remembering martyn I was going to buy a booster today but cannot find one. So a cable will suffice.

Going to need to be about 40 feet. Telephone point is in the kitchen

cheers martyn

dave

Alternatively it could be a telephone extension cable, 20m should do it, can move router to garage then

Hi Guys, well good news the gearbox goes on and clears the manifold - luck, not good design unfortunately. Everything else looks good, couple of bits to refurb, more stuff coming from Pete at PNM tomorrow, new vac pipes, electric vac pump plus other goodies.

The only outstanding item is how deep to fit the gearbox seals (depth) and have I forgot anything, we will see on the day.

Things to do before it goes in..........

1. Gearbox seals

2. Flush chargecooler rads

3. Flush oil coolers with cheap oil

4. fit vac pump

5. Fit New engine mounts

6. Wiring for the engine

sod it, theres loads to do

Dave

Small chance I might be able to come along on this. I'm currently on a whistle stop UK visit in Sheffield getting a lift with a friend. If I can make it plan would be arrive Sat PM and if it's OK pop off Mon am. If I can swing it would that be OK and are you OK if I crash at yours?

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

• Gold FFM

Hello,

Currently in Düsseldorf heading to Stansted in a a bit. Unfortunately my hold baggage has failed to catch up. Might have to do a a little shopping...

Bibs...sorry my poolboy outfit was in that bag...lol ( inside joke unless he posts the photo )

Dave,

I found a 28M network cable and a 15M as a backup, so should have plenty length will probably reach all the way to the bottom of the garden :lol:. I'll bring my wing covers again to protect the paint work.

See you in the morning

Martyn :)

I don’t see any activity here yet!! No trouble to tell I’m not there… Looks like the rain as stopped here in London, so maybe I can take the car for her spring hoon….

Will try and get over later today I have a client in at 12.30.

Do you need anything for this global broadcast event, makeup? costumes? honeywagon?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Dave, what was your finial verdict Saturday? How much of the engine install did you get done? Any problems so far? Enquiring minds want to knowJ

Cheers

Felix

Felix, the engine & gearbox went in and was in place when I left. it was awaiting the bolts etc to go in the mounts, and connect all the hoses, loom etc up.

I think Technicians, Freeman, Rocket, Martyn, Matt & Christopher were on the case today.

Edited by red vtec

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

The engine is in and we've just tried to start for first time, but think we may have miswired the starter motor, so last minute adjustments taking place. Oh and did the usual forget about the fuel cut off switch.................................

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Well done everyone this week end it has been great despite the fact that we did not get her going. however the fact that it did not fire first time means that the oil is nicely arounf the engine.

As for the problem, think it needs a fresh mind, still a few things to do but it needs to fire up. Really good to see veryone again, and a big big thanks to Christopher for making the effort to come over from the states, great to see you and we should make the effort to make it happen again.

Great curry night on friday and fish and chips on saturday. Big thanks and good to see Matt again, over from France.

This all made the week end great, thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Thanks again chaps and chapesses.

Any thought on what is wrong, answers on a post card.

Thanks to Paul and Sarah - good fun, great to see you guys again.

Dave

Dave

Just returned from sunnier climes and sorry to hear that engine did not fire. I presume you checked the usual ie spark at plugs and that petrol reaching cylinders. Is timing ok and eberythinfg earther properly

Hi mate, we have fuel but no spark. Tonight I will be head under boot so to speak. Possibly need a re check of all connections, pray, maybe a sacrifice or to.

Dave

• Gold FFM

Dave and all,

Fantastic weekend...could not have asked for a more enjoyable weekend. Hospitality was well received and appreciated. I do believe my Burroughs Gauge is resting on your bench...Katherine ( I never did find out if it was spelled with a C or K ) is to send me a package and I gave her cash for the shipping...it can be posted in there as well...

I look towards the next time...and you never know, last time you put a thought in my head ( lift for the car ) look where that ended...just might have to give considerable thought to that car and touring issue or just the stored car...

Will keep up to date with you...

Christopher