Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
MERRY CHRISTMAS - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

MERRY CHRISTMAS

richardvg

I'm with Roger in the grumpy corner.

Bloody in-laws on Christmas Day ...... why can't we have turkey like everyone else?

I'll eat too much, drink too much, fart too much and find that all my clothes have shrunk whilst hanging up in the wardrobe.

I'll then have to pay next month for the "fun" that the family believes its had.

My one ray of hope is that the weather on Christmas day will be kind enough to allow me to wander outside with a glass of single malt and a decent cigar ....... I bet it bloody rains

Bah humbag but Happy Christmas to everyone else :)

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I will echo Rodger and say christmas is for retailers and christians........

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Christmas is a pagan midwinter festival, cynically appropriated by Christians for their own ends. I append a carol..

Deck the halls with plastic holly

Tra-la-la-la-la, bloomin'la.

Try your hardest to be jolly

Tra-la-la-la-la, bloomin'la.

Unemployment, ruination

Country's going down the drain

Line up all the politicians-

Shoot them all, and start again!!

Let's hope that 2010 brings "tidings of comfort and joy".....

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Wow, season of goodwill and all that, some people can be unseasonally nasty.

Christmas is what you make of it, personally I like to make it fun & enjoyable. I enjoy eating good food, drinking with friends, exchanging thoughtful gifts with loved ones. I like having pretty decorations around my house, I think it's fun to make cakes, pies and share them with my nearest and dearest.

I couldn't care less if the celebration is in honour of the birth of Jesus, the feast of the Son of Isis, Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, Yule, Chanukah, or even the worship of a big fat Santa the point is to enjoy & be merry.. something I don't find too difficult and a massive chore.

So Merry Christmas, happy holidays, seasons greetings & a happy & healthy new year to everyone (even the miserable bastards)

merry-christmas.png

I probably have a deserved reputation as a bah humbug kind of guy...but I was thinking how Christmas can be good...

It means the shortest day is behind us.

It means I'll probably get some new toys.

It means I get a chance to buy F some nice things that she wouldn't let me get her any other time.

It means less people on the roads when I do my tour of the rellies so I enjoy the drive more.

Yup...definitely stuff to look forward to.

Merry Christmas TLFers

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Have a great Christmas & a happy new year all and if the awful weather is getting you down just keep looking forward to warmer times when you can do a bit more of this :)

Cheers,

John W

Hi all, well its christmas time and I have asked Santa to send me lots of tools for my workshop, you know, spanners, lights, screw drivers, dremel (the good one). Even asked for a sexy blonde to drap across the car for me to photo graph.

Back to reality, to all the freinds I have made over the passed 12 months or so since joining the forum I would like to express my thanks for making Megan and I most welcome, and to all those who have helped me keep my car running. I hope to have lots of events over the coming year, another week end work shop and piss up is on the cards for late Jan, we will all be getting a bit fed up by then.

So finally, HAPPY CHRISTMAS A SAFE AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR to you all.

Take care, enjoy drink responsibly, ......remember where you left it.

Dave & Megan

Dave and Megan

All the best to you both. Have a great time. Dave, assume your back's on the mend? Look forward to seeing you both a some events in the New Year.

To all other TLF members, particularly the great friends I have made over the last 12 months of membership, I hope you have a truly wonderful time throughout the festive season, and I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Robert

Merry Christmas to all and the very best for 2010.

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica