Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Multiple Evora - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Multiple Evora

Al

Okay so here is a question & a bit of fun. We are the first Evora owners so we have the privilege of being able to decide something very important! What are we going to call multiple Evora

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One Evora, two Evoras, three Evoras and so on.

If there is a group of people who own Evoras you have a group of Evora owners.

Don't see the problem.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

1 Evora, 2 Evorae?

Or you could turn it on its head - assume Evora is the plural, therefore you own an Evorum...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

<PFD> Buckfast? I wish. Dry here for a month so I can't (correct use of apostrophe) blame the drink! More like stir crazy. I was actually asked the question which is what prompted the post!

<GKP> GHF of Elises - Queh?? (Guess would be something along lines of Having Good Fun but that doesn't fit well)

A smug of Evoras. That's (correct use of apostrophe) not a nice friendly suggestion. It hurt. Makes me want to take my ball and go and play somewhere else with the other boys. baby.gif How about a smattering of Evoras? cool.gif

And ditch the greengrocers' apostrophe wink.gif

Tom, respect.gif I consider myself chastised and educated at the same time. Never knew such terminology existed and was using the apostrophe evidently in ignorance of the correct use of grammar in the English language. It will not happen again. popo.gif

However remember I am Jockenese so can do what I want with the English language and laugh in your face.harhar.gif

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I think it depends on the quality of the company you are keeping.

Down the pub with your mates, Evoras is perfectly acceptable.

In polite dinner table conversation, I think it should be Evora.

Having spoken to a learned professor friend to seek his view, he is of the opinion that it should be Evora.

As Evora can also refer to a brand of soap and you don't have two bars of soaps (although you do have soaps on the telly), that adds weight to a plural of Evora and not Evoras.

As I am really not a fan of Cesaria Evora, the Latin singer, to have two of that type of Evora together would just be an unpalatable din. The collective noun should therefore be a din of Evora. By the way, please don't tell my professor friend that it is a pomposity of professors. Sad but true and probably not wrong.

Any further thoughts?

As Evora can also refer to a brand of soap and you don't have two bars of soaps (although you do have soaps on the telly), that adds weight to a plural of Evora and not Evoras.

Any further thoughts?

That's the sames as having two tins of paint. The "bars" are plural. The "soap" is possessive. I still vote for Evoras but, there again, I can't afford even 0.5 Evoras.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I Argee, you could say

"pass me a couple of bars of soap please"

or you can say

"pass me a couple of soaps please"

my vote would be for Evoras

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

he he

lights out at 8

candles out at 9

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein