Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 3 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

• Gold FFM

Love these old cars hence I have owned my Éclat for 6 years now, well actually gave her to the wife as a wedding present but she will never be sold. Banana as she is known has loads of history with being owned by Lotus for the first five years of her life. I now have a nice Excel SE to keep her company along with my Esprit S3 N/A so a nice little collection.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:967]

Edited by johnpwalsh

• 7 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Drooooooooooooooooool.  Great thread resurrection Chris!

Kimbers will confirm but I think that was one of his old man's company cars, the last registered Elite.

Back at you with this one, I paid £5 for an old magazine for one picture, tragic.......;

12665482524_3bed3a85a7_k.jpg

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Mark - I'm fairly sure you are right, Peter, the owner, said it was the last Elite registered - hence the 84 numberplate.

I'll get some more photos of it in May at Goodwood again.

Chris

If he has the bonnet up make a note of the colour code from the chassis plate, want to make sure I get mine resprayed that shade (there are no less than 4 different Lotus codes for "copper"!)

I mentioned to Peter that Kimbers thought it had been his dad's and Peter seemed surprised as MK had judged a concours it was in and never mentioned it.

Perhaps MK didn't want people to think he was choosing it as the winner for sentimental reasons alone?

It's a lovely car with a knowledgeable owner (organiser of our Surrey Club lotus meets). One of small number of excellent cars in the hands of a long term owner, and consequently unlikely to ever come onto the market.

Edited by Dunc

I do remember the old man having one of the last off the line and I'm sure it was a Gold one.

I think it was at this meet where he judged the cars and his old Burgundy Elite won. At the time I'm pretty sure he was only 50/50 on the gold one. I seem to remember it more than him! But it may have been a different one.

CastleCoombe05.jpg

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

MJK had a copper coloured Riviera for sure, confirmed by the factory. Maybe that is where the confusion with this one crept in? He also had a blue Riviera, in fact if production was barely into double digits for the last 3 years he and the other directors must have owned nearly all of them.

It's a lovely car with a knowledgeable owner (organiser of our Surrey Club lotus meets). One of small number of excellent cars in the hands of a long term owner, and consequently unlikely to ever come onto the market.

Peter rebuilt a black Elite before this.

Chris

Might be a cool idea for a photo?

The old one on the left with its instagram esque patina and the new one on the right in sharp modern colour with a caption - 40 years of Lotus enjoyment..

• Gold FFM

Been digging though some folders and came accross this one of old Banana so thought you might like a peak. this shot was taken from the top of a bus in Inverness during a classic car run through the city.

post-12149-0-49153200-1393346584.jpg

Edited by johnpwalsh
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any more pics you have would be welcome!

Guys - Classic Team Lotus have started a Flickr page featuring unseen Lotus photos from over the years.

Oh thank you Jesus! (and Nello for letting us know)

• 2 weeks later...