Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread! - Page 14 - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Elite/Eclat/Excel video & picture thread!

• Gold FFM

Nice looking Stag, but must say the old Banana is the stunner.

Cool. That's a funky colour. What is it?  Is that a factory option or was it done at some later stage? 

Lovely looking éclat. These cars always look better in my opinion when mixed with other classics of the period at shows.

1 hour ago, phoenix said:

Cool. That's a funky colour. What is it?  Is that a factory option or was it done at some later stage? 

Its an earlier lotus colour 'Lotus pistachio lime green'.

I saw a plus2 in this colour and thought it would suit the elite.

Must get those wheels done!

• Like 1

I've used Spit n Polish in Tonbridge to restore a set of Wolfrace and am very happy with their result. Diamond cutting is great but someone recently told me that being a raw metal, it needs to be buffer polished in order to achieve a high temperature on the surface of the alloy which helps seal the metal giving better results in terms of mirror shine, longetivity  and helping to withhold pressure, as alloys have a tendency to breath more than steel wheels, particularly when old. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a bit quiet here lately. In Greece at mo. Saw this at the beach and thought it would raise a chuckle.  Sorry it's not elite/éclat/excel material but it is, at least automotive. 

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

To keep things in balance. Lovely 1977 éclat 520 sporting period Wolfies.

IMG_9088.JPG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mikeeech said:

Love the wolfrace wheels! I actually fancy a drive in that van too:P

éclats look fantastic in GKN's as it's a very period look and suit the cars. The GKN wheel looks like an early jet turbine. The Speedlines look good on later S2 cars as they give the impression of speed. Wolfies are a funny one for me as I think they look great on the original esprit but don't suit all cars. Having said that, I think that when this vehicle is restored to former glory and the wheels are polished up, they will complement all the shiny chrome work and light interior and look the part. 

Beautiful pics of KAH 534V. I think that there are too many pics out there of very sad looking elites/éclats. It's showing off the cars in this condition that help bring their values up to where they belong. 

1 hour ago, oilmagnet477 said:

@soldave Nothing against Stags but you do seem to park next to one on an alarmingly regular basis!!

at loan classic last year 1000 cars, of which 19 were stags and 1 was a four seat hethel wedge (mine). we did get back from that and bought a stag though, as my five foot wife can reach the pedals in a stag but not an eclat.

interestingly both the stag and the lotus had water pump failures in Normandy. the eclats sealed up and she limped home on a drip, but the worn away stag water pump drive teeth meant a 12 hour recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

Engine is fine. Still with Norfolk accent.

Small seeping from steering pump so that will need to be replaced.

Front suspension bushes.

Electric windows, mirrors and central locking non functional. Need to get this done first then:

Add alarm and immobiliser

New door beams and window frames.

Replace snapped choke cable

Replace non working bonnet strut

Get rev counter working

Replace and re-wire speakers

Then I think new carpets

Headlining is not great so that needs to change.

Interior tidy

Not much and in reality it's a lot of relatively small items.

Mirrors may be a pain as there is a part missing between the switches and electrics. Just exposed plastic pins.

Just a small 'to do' list then lol (I wish mine were that long!!!)

Regards the mirrors, assuming the mirrors themselves still function (?), refiguring the loom and necessary bits should be relatively straightforward.

Try carbuildersolutions.co.uk - they may have the required electronics to make it more 'plug and play'

Good luck

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Dear Lotus Friends,

my name is Siegfried Herrmann from Lotus Historic Register Germany.  I'm looking for a Lotus member for his Lotus Elite

type 75 a rear window wiper and two sun visiors . Who can help?

Best regards

Siegfried Herrmann

Harkortstr. 27

44652 Herne

Germany

Tel: 0049(0)2325/62614

Phone: 0049(0)151/24054116

E-Mail: s-herrmann@t-online.de

www.Lotushistoric.de

www.hockenheim-historic.de