Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
McLaren MP4-12C - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

McLaren MP4-12C

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the new Esprit then? :D

The front does remind me of the Evora though, think its the headlamps....

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

IMHO Bland.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

I susepct its a car which has greater impact in the carbon fibre.

Plus you can't put a million pound Ultra car (F1) next to the Maclaren 458 Italia competitor and expect it to look awesome!!

The rear view is far more appealing in my view!!!

McLaren have played it to safe with the design, it would have looked great 5 years ago and it still looks smart now, but it needs to look cutting edge in 5 years time and I don't think it will. Could do with some funkier headlights amongst other things.

The side profile looks great though.

1927444a.jpg

Edited by Mark Blanchard

Main focus of the MP4-12C is on the technical side.

I'm sure it will beat all direct competitors like the 458 Italia

new Gallardo, 911GT2 and even higher placed cars like the

Murcielago, Enzo, and new Pagani, not only on speed around a track

but also on practicallity and reliability. (IMHO)

Basically the best available since the Esprit went out of production.

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

Like others have said I find it a bit bland and looks like they took the incut side sills and lights from the Evora.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I don't know how true it was but a couple of years ago there was a paper article that said that most cars of the future would be less dynamic in there looks due to all the safety requirements being imposed giving the designers very little room to move over style.

Having seen the prototype on the road a while back I personally quite liked it.

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein

The MP4-12c is a milestone in sporstcar design, it is far far more advanced than the new Ferrari, by all accounts it already makes the F458 dated, using a CF Tub, aluminim electrical system to reduce weight, light weight compact V8 engine, Dry sumped, twin turbo that delivers more HP per gram of CO2 than any other car including hybrids and gearbox designed compact to reduce over hang. F1 brake steer system to balance the rear wheels rather than a LSD to again reduce weight. Even a new design lightweight battery. the passanger and driver sit towards the centre of the car for improved dynamics.

It is not a Successor to the F1 that was a hypercar, the MP4-12c is a sportscar to go against Porsche. Ferrai, AM and Lambo it is mid way in the new Mclaren road cars. i.e there will be higher spec cars coming out and slightly lower spec cars in the future.

If the new Esprit is half the car of the MP4-12C it will be an amazing car.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I didn't think the F1 styling was stunning at the time like, say, the Countach or Miura was. It was very neat and still looks modern and has not aged. I think the MP4-12C will do the same.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Its one of those cars that does look a lot better in the flesh than in photos. If you get a chance go and see one. It looks great and the attention to detail and saving weight is incredible.

They are serious about making quite a few of these as they are building a brand new factory to make them.

Alan

• 10 months later...