Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 44 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

:secret:It was one of 10 I think he made and I got the last or second last one about December last year and the other had gone. 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

@Stuno1 - a guy in the US on Lotustalk (sorry for swearing) was making them, I think out of a polycarbonate and they looked fantastic, where shaped to mirror the Evora front lip perfectly and seemed to get good reports. It'll be an easy search (try "Evora Front Plitter") to find him and I think he still is making them. Pictures below and I think they look fantastic especially if you don't have the SR front spoiler black look.

A word of caution though, as they do need to be screwed and glued down very well as I read of a couple of add-on front splitters for the Evora that "came away" at very high speed and was quite frightening for the owners concerned. I think the wind pressure etc. at very high speeds is considerable on them.

post-18801-0-38514000-1439365347.jpg

post-18801-0-74032900-1439365347.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I did make a 2-part design for the front splitter that I had on the Evora S: http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/70578-front-splitter/?p=543762

These were made of polycarbonate and ounted using the original bottom screws plus 2 additional front edge mounting screws. The 2-part design matches european license plates and is much easier to ship. Proven safe up to 300 Km/h.

I can have new ones made if there is a group buy (min 5 sets). € 250 incl. shipping within Europe.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

I could be interested Thomas as it would compliment my barge board look too :)  Do you take paypal  :w00t:

I don't suppose you took any pictures of the underside to show fitting?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I could be interested Thomas as it would compliment my barge board look too :)

I don't suppose you took any pictures of the underside to show fitting?

This, with the barge boards and diffuser it would look spot on. I test driving an evira in September. Following that is be up for a group buy :)

Another from Autogespot.... This time in Stavelot on my recent Spa trip

http://www.autogespot.com/lotus-evora-1/2015/08/11

lotus-evora-c608711082015202521_1.jpg

lotus-evora-c608711082015202521_2.jpg

lotus-evora-c608711082015202521_3.jpg

lotus-evora-c608711082015202521_4.jpg

lotus-evora-c608711082015202521_5.jpg

lotus-evora-c608711082015202521_6.jpg

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Not sure what title goes with this picture:

The beauty and the beast? Dangerous liaisons? Need for speed?

The fact is that this was parked next to my car when I picked it up in the evening...

post-16021-0-13965800-1439635443.jpg

So, I was at Hethel this morning. Picked a mid-month present up for myself. Given the carbon fibre engine cover @LotusFestival was an unintended purchase, I skipped over it when it came to budget planning and continued with the GT4 rear wing :D Christmas in August :D

FullSizeRender1_zpszaqobiql.jpgFullSizeRender2_zpsjpqzbno6.jpgFullSizeRender3_zpslyuddrwi.jpg

I offered to wear the jacket in exchange for tools actually! They turned me down. :( Atleast I can say i've been turned down for a job at Halfords now :D 

Beautiful colour car that one Kalli, very, very nice.

When I first got my Evora I lusted after the GT4 wing, after having a seen a few pictures over the last few days now I am really not too sure. Don;t like the black wing supports and wing. Think if I had one I would get the wing supports painted body colour - then the decision would be to paint the wing body colour or leave black. Just not feeling the love for the all black wing and supports....

Hmmmm,,,, life's decisions are tough.... hahaha

The small print.

Completely in the same place. This one was pre-painted by Lotus and ready to roll at a decent price. My end-goal would be to get the struts painted in Canyon Red too. But one step at a time :) 

There's something to be said for seeing the wing in the side mirrors thought :D And I can say that it doesnt look 'too big' for a non-GTE body. Infact, after seeing it on mine, i'd question if its too small for a GTE. 

OK, you MUST post up some pics when you get the struts painted or I'll find out where you live and thrash you to an inch of your life with a blunt feather duster. So there!

Did Lotus paint on the "Lotus" in white for you too? Hmmm, some nice modding going on with users of this forum. Who knows one day we might catch up with the Evora modders over the pond who've been very active over the past few years.

I really do like that canyon red colour Kalli, shame it is not available on the Evora 400 - but then the metallic orange on the 400 looks fab.

• Like 1

The small print.

The LOTUS is actually just a white decal that they've applied. The wing used to be on the GT4's prior to being converted into GTE350's. Their advise was to lacuer over the top of it, but that would force it to become a permanent addition....which i'm not sure on yet. what are your views on the lettering compared to plain black? 

The painting on the struts will definitely be done at some point - but I might have to wait for a while :D The CF engine cover and wing in a week have somewhat wounded me!

Thanks :) It's the first time i've owned a car with a colour I truly love - only downside is the paint is quite soft - it can get swirl'd very easily. One of the reason's they discontinued it I believe was because it was a PITA. But given the right love... :D

What Bibs said above - that would be my vote too. The White Lotus lettering is a bit too "TOWIE" for me.

The small print.