Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 78 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Correct, it was all part of the agreement I had with them to recover it from being scrapped off... Track use only. It's a shame I know, but it was either that or the car wouldn't exist now. Very much a 'take it or leave it' kinda thing. I couldn't see it being chopped for parts and the rest scrapped so I agreed the terms!!

It has an interesting history also, some may remember it was the raffle car they had on display in Beirut airport back in 2012, it then spent some time after that on display at high end car dealers around Lebanon... Bit of digging and you'll find pictures of it's 'middle east tour' on the interweb...

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
17 minutes ago, TheKevlarKid said:

8c46aaa559c6176fea2d452a086d5ee8.jpg

"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" Keats.:)

22 hours ago, TheKevlarKid said:

Yes, but I have since replaced it with a oem GT4 diffuser.

IMG_20160616_201200.jpg

awesome, that back without the GT4 wing would be my fav road Version........(wasn´t there a blue ("original" before they were rebuild) GTE without the GT4 wing? I think there was photo around shown here...) Also replacing the Back glass with the mansory (?) part fits the Overall appearance of the GTE very well, can´t understand that this item was not installed at the other 20 (well ok, Money might have been an issue...)

@21gg YES exactly!!! :) This with the actual wheels......and the back of the red one...ok its not lego here, unfortunately - well you 20 could be very happy!

Edited by Snoopy1969
typo

They do look good with the louvred engine cover. They didn't fit them to the gte's because they didn't have any a such, not Mansory carbonfibre ones anyway.

I fitted that one after its first track day, it was the std glass originally. Neither is it the Mansory cover I'm afraid, it's the fibre glass factory GT4 part that has been painted phantom black. 

I enquired with Mansory for their carbon part that would match up with the roof chevron and finish. Oooff, they wanted €3000 + shipping which was a bit too pricey for what it was, the factory gt4 part was £395 list price... I went with the painted factory part at 1/8 the price!!

All the mods I've done on the rear end (engine cover, diffuser, rear panel delete and the single tip exhaust) were in a bid to help with cooling in and around the engine bay. It was all getting a little toasty in the boot area the first time I ran it up to full speed for a long session on track. They seemed to have worked very well, I can no langer bake bread in the boot. One final peice will be one of the new 400 undertrays with the additional cooling ducts, it's about as much as I can do for cooling with starting to hack holes in it..

5 minutes ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@21gg YES exactly!!! :) This with the actual wheels......and the back of the red one...ok its not lego here, unfortunately - well you 20 could be very happy!

@Snoopy1969

You can always buy the GT4 diffuser...

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/index.php?a=ap&addon=storefront&page=home&store=710&listing=36120

@Arregueti many thanks for the advice, but I think on a normal S1 S it would look a little bit "too much" - also the non road legal issue is an issue.......

@TheKevlarKid yes the pricing of mansory is 'a little bit' over the top, but the result you have achieved with the parts mentioned is r e a l l y stunning! If more cooling is needed maybe the gt4 rabbit fence in the rear might help, but you would have to cut a hole (stripe) for it what might not that perfect ( but I also like the look of the gt4). Everything very nice, enjoy( by the way : just finished my 4th year in my Evora S, still very happy, I think it will stay a long time....)

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, hedgerley said:

Borrowed this for a long weekend after my Esprit sprung a radiator leak and we had a trip to celebrate our anniversary planned. Took off up the west coast, staying at the Cameron House Hotel where the Evora was launched, Which was nice.

IMAG1124_zpshlajrzq0.jpg

IMAG1125_zpsmdhaiycd.jpg

The exact car I was originally going to buy. How was it?

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Sneak peek! :lol:

image.jpeg

Damn! Upside down

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Well I had asked for them to be not fitted, but Lotus shipped the car with them fitted.

Now I have until Tuesday to decide if I am keeping them. Thoughts?

IMG_2629.JPG

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

The EB one I saw at Silverstone in the week didn't look too bad with them. I guess it's down to whether you think you can live with them in the longer term

1 minute ago, CocoPops said:

Well I had asked for them to be not fitted, but Lotus shipped the car with them fitted.

Now I have until Tuesday to decide if I am keeping them. Thoughts?

IMG_2629.JPG

Can you ask it to be green instead of blue? Think it would look better. 

?

@Kalli What do you know about colour with your 'black' Exige? :lol:

re: stripes... I'm leaning towards keeping them.

They look better Silver on Blue, I think, as they tie in with the reflectors on the wings than the yellow on green/black does.

• Like 1