Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 99 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

23 hours ago, nerobi said:

This is a great video but I wish this guy would stop saying the word "Camry" every other sentence. Obviously to the USA this car must be some object of derision, but a Toyota 3.5 litre V6 engine certainly isn't. If its a slug in it's normal home its just because their core market has introduced the world to excessivley sized automobiles. 

When lotus had their own engine everyone moaned it was unreliable, now they choose a bulletproof, compact, off the shelf, easy to service unit people moan about where it came from.

Lotus can never win.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

1 hour ago, Loose Cannon said:

This is a great video but I wish this guy would stop saying the word "Camry" every other sentence. Obviously to the USA this car must be some object of derision, but a Toyota 3.5 litre V6 engine certainly isn't. If its a slug in it's normal home its just because their core market has introduced the world to excessivley sized automobiles. 

When lotus had their own engine everyone moaned it was unreliable, now they choose a bulletproof, compact, off the shelf, easy to service unit people moan about where it came from.

Lotus can never win.

I don't think the guy was moaning about the engine, I think he was actually praising Lotus for using that engine and working their magic?

No he was definitely having a dig about its origins for journalistic or comedic irony. Just like that tired shite about Morris Marina doorhandles Esprit owners have had to put up with for the last 3 decades. My doorhandles are GM but journos don't seem to have latched onto that in the same way, so I assume Calibras aren't as "funny" as Marinas.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

He seems like a convert now though !  Still comes out with the usual bankruptcy scare story and fires.  Not sure what he means by the fires though, yes a few lotus have had fires in the past but why are we the British known for building burning cars ? Or is this something i have missed ?

Lovely colour Evora , looks stunning, I wonder when Hethal are doing the special edtion of this Evora in this colour with split rims and ski racks :thumbup:

A

4 hours ago, silverfrost said:

Lovely colour Evora , looks stunning, I wonder when Hethal are doing the special edtion of this Evora in this colour with split rims and ski racks :thumbup:

Looks like someone has made a start.

chipp

lotus-evora-3-5-vvt-i-v6-2-2-coupe-2dr-198250461-2.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What's with the long 1963 number plate?

A cheap way of getting his initials (NRH)?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Excellent .

aimee has done a few 400s recently.

as for black wheels, DON'T do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Far too many Racing Green 400s being bought for my liking especially with red interiors.  :rofl: 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Does seem odd, given the Racing Green and Red combo was meant to be special as the Hethel Ed.

Yet they are now popular... aka common place :lol:

15 minutes ago, CocoPops said:

Excellent .

aimee has done a few 400s recently.

as for black wheels, DON'T do it.

yes she can be very persuasive, i think this is the 3rd she has sold me.

IMG_0546.jpg.f89e58e23b80cddd94567c5394d1a174.jpgIMAG0029.jpg.8897c3a2e0951946a0a385a3567e2b23.jpg20160130_125633.jpg.0fb2d64c61934ff228602a391b97f683.jpg58bc8dfb00663_AylesburyVale-20110925-00003.jpg.437728e75e481c4a49e0f722c53afabb.jpg

Aimee's also got a persian blue 400 for sale, which looks fantastic. Daytona blue looks good in the flesh as well.

I'm more than  happy with the way the car looks but i think the black details make the car more aggressive , but it'll be another #500 or so. 

Only another 900 miles to hit for 1st service so I have a little time to think about it!

• Gold FFM

@MarkieT leave it as is - silver wheels look great and there aren't enough of them. Most unusual to see a 400 with cast wheels that didn't come from Hoffman's either. They do look nice.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

The best thing about the cast wheels is cleaning them. The Forged ones are a right pain - especially the groove that runs behind the spokes which fills up with grit.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Interesting that it has black sills but not the black pack. Is that paint or a wrap?

If you're going to get the roof wrapped, I'd get the wheels changed to black so it all matches. As it is, it looks great on the silver wheels!

• 2 weeks later...