Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 6 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Someone moved my picture from "You Show Me Yours and I'll Show You Mine" post.

I thought that it was the right place for it, what do you think?

• Gold FFM

The Lotus blew the head gasket at the track day on Saturday! :(

Bummer Travis. Hope it's not too difficult to sort out.

Great pic Roger :lol:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Bummer... :(

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Written off....

the front bumper!

msg-1-0-09452900-1317638391.jpg

Could have been a lot worse I guess. I was 10 mins from Hethel on my way to an LDA day and having just turned off to the A140 up the factory a deer jumped from an embankment about 3m in front to the car and ran off and I thanked fate for missing it, it was a close call! Less than a second later his pal followed, this time with the consequences above as he was hit square on and went into the recess in front of the rad. As I slowed he fell out and under the car, I stopped perhaps 10m up the road :(

I'm fairly sure the deer was killed instantly, it was very dead when I went back to check it although I'm not sure why as I've hardly the constitution and definitely not the means (other than the car) for a coup de grâce. I pulled it to the side of the road, checked the car for leaks and carried on to the factory and many "is it in the boot" questions and lip smacking!

Lotus have been excellent, the car is being picked up for repair and a laser blue replacement will be delivered (perhaps Alesi might pop it down!) and of a higher spec too. Accidents happen of course, there's nothing that could have been done to avoid it although that doesn't make me feel any better about the deer. I'm no hippy but I'm not a fan of a needless death, no matter the reason and I've never damaged a car as badly as this, especially such a nice one. Just a new front bumper required, the clam is untouched and the rads are all in perfect condition still so the bumper did its job well hitting a 10kg deer at 40-ish mph!

I must admit on the drive home I was very cautious, especially with so many pheasants about! I'm not the first person to hit a deer, nor in a press car but 2 in a day would have been careless!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

OWchies. Sorry to hear Bibbo. They are a definate hazard around here. I wrote one off with an Elan SE once....with the top down. Nearly lost our heads and my Girlfriend ended up covered, head to toe in blood, fat and guts.....ewwwww!

The trouble is they are so solid, they do alot more damage than their size would make you think.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

You were lucky! a chap round here was killed a few weeks ago when he hit a deer and it came through the windscreen. Wife was next to him in the car and fortunately walked away but utterly horrific.

Edited by Rick Edwards

Twitter @radioRedwards

Good thing it wasn't an American style Deer, Elk, Buffalo, or Moose! Those things are much, much larger!

I remember reading on Pistonheads a long time ago... Some guy hit a deer with his Peugeot 205, and the deer got stuck in the radiator opening. They had a vet come remove it when he discovered it, and it was still alive!

oooh! found it

laun.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/beds/bucks/herts/3723508.stm

That would never happen with an American deer!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

• Gold FFM

But it's Bambi..... :cry:

• Gold FFM

I see deer stood next to the duel carriageway at least once a week as I pass at 70. Where there is one that jumps/walks out, it's usually followed by one or more other deer following. Come close but lucky so far and harder to spot at night.

Unlucky with the Evora - looks like you couldn't have hit it any more square on if you'd tried. Always feel a tad sorry for animals hit, but if its a toss up between the animal and me, ie swerving to avoid into anything oncoming, it'll be the animal that gets it i'm affraid. All happens quickly don't it.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

My 21 year old son was king hit on Sunday morning (2:30am) after he left a night club. His mate fronted the prick after it, but Jarryd won't report it to the police to get the a'hole charged.

I had to drive in and get him from the kebab shop he was holed up in and then spent most of Sunday in hospital waiting for him to get CT's, bloods etc done to make sure everything was ok.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

No lights, no bumper, no wheels, exhaust/cat off, gearbox out, cracked bell housing, broken clutch, snapped clutch fork...........this ones going to cost! :(

photo-150.jpg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

fun time of sunday track-run ..passed !

So the season could start ?..could

post-1463-0-23184000-1330907273.jpg

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 1 month later...

Broke the mirror housing on my old banger the other day but I collected all the bits and bought some super-glue to put it back together. Went to fix it today and the super-glue tube, even though it was brand new, didn't have enough glue in it to even fill the nozzle, let alone get on the parts. Waste of money.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE