Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 82 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Got the train to Peterborough first thing - to collect a car for the eldest.

You stingey old bugger...let him have one of them Esprits. 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

You stingey old bugger...let him have one of them Esprits. 

Danny’s the middle one - it’s for Daisy - and I did try the insurance for a giggle - not a hope in hell 🤪

Im seeking a VW up - gotta be an auto - and 15 plate (nice reg to go on it) or newer....

• Like 1

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Lost our beautiful English setter Leia this morning so difficult to even type this.IMG_20190726_081212_1.thumb.jpg.0b28cea53299e0aca45ff5bce027f1f8.jpg

• Sad 4

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

So sorry to hear this Pete. Such a lovely dog.

Hope you and Sue are ok. See you soon mate. Dave. 

• Thanks 1

Dave.

Surrey, is what has made me unhappy today.

Just spent a week driving the Seat around Cornwall and decided to take the Evora out today. After 3 hours of driving, as a consequence of:

- NSL roads having speed limits changed to 40mph

- then adding average speed cameras

- people doing 35-40 in the few remaining NSL areas

- cyclists preparing for next weeks cycle London (when the roads will all be shut)

I probably got a total, all told of about 5 minutes of decent driving.

This is why I’ve been toying with the idea of selling the Evora for the last 12 months. Love the car, just can’t enjoy it, I seriously had more fun in the Seat last week going to get a pint of milk.

Cant wait till youngest finishes school and I can escape this overpopulated, over regulated, politically correct and overpriced county. 

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Come and join me in Scotland. Another vote for the union and the driving is wonderful ! 😁

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Come and join me in Scotland. Another vote for the union and the driving is wonderful ! 😁

Careful Andy, I’ll be bloody moving in. :shock:

Skipton is top of my list. Not entirely to our taste, but Something like this would do us nicely.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-83441909.html

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Careful Andy, I’ll be bloody moving in. :shock:

Skipton is top of my list. Not entirely to our taste, but Something like this would do us nicely.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-83441909.html

Well Skipton is Yorkshire, Colne is Lancashire and very near/in the Pennines so pack your strap on wellies - in case you come across a sheep of course...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

53 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Well Skipton is Yorkshire, Colne is Lancashire and very near/in the Pennines so pack your strap on wellies - in case you come across a sheep of course...

That was just an idea as to type of thing we’ve been looking at. I’d need to work from Leeds office a couple days a week so really Skipton or east of there. Really tempting as we can upsize the house ( and garage :thumbsup:) as well as banking a fair old chunk of cash, but it’s more about quality of life. 

Keep trying to persuade the kids that if they sold their house they could buy one each!

This afternoon I was driving as slowly as possible over very freshly laid road chippings. An imbecile in a silver Mini comes up behind me and overtakes at speed disappearing into a cloud of grey dust. There are now some fresh large stonechips on the front of my M100. 😡 Not so much unhappy as angry. 

• Sad 3

Excel starter motor packed up last week.  Received a replacement from Matty's this morning and it didn't fit!  To their suprise, there are 2 types, 1 with 4.5" mounting bolt spacing, which they sent, and 1 with 5" bolt spacing such as on my car.  At least it gave me an excuse to drive to Matty's  where they were unloading a lovely-looking Renault Alpine, a proper, 1960's one, from a trailer outside the workshop.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• Gold FFM

Right now, I can't decide what's worse - neighbours or so-called tradespeople.

Our next door neighbours are away on holiday this week and next. Turns out, they didn't bother to inform us that they had arranged to have their entire boundary fence replaced whilst they were away - well we wouldn't want them to suffer any noise or inconvenience would we? :rolleyes: .

I only found out a couple of hours ago when I was rudely awakened from my pre-nightshift slumbers by two of their fencing guys demolishing the fence about 15 feet from my bedroom window, one with a 2-stroke chainsaw and the other with some sort of jack-hammer device. Worse still, our dogs were roaming our garden at the time and the younger, recently adopted one, Macha, had to the workers' disbelief shot through the newly-created gap in the fence and then escaped out of the now open-plan garden next door and was off along the road in a blind panic. Prior to starting, the workers had apparently been going to tell us of their intentions but saw my "nightshift worker trying to sleep" sign on the front door and decided not to disturb me - like a chainsaw and a percussion drill are going to be less of a disturbance than a doorbell!!!

Fortunately, I found Macha quite quickly, cowering in the bushes of the nearby park quivering in fear. She took some persuading to come home and has now been treated, along with our 'old lady' Alaska, with valerian extract to help calm them down.

When Macha joined our family 5 weeks ago, I realised almost immediately that she was an accomplished hurdler and would no doubt also be an accomplished escape artist as a direct consequence. Our garden is almost completely enclosed by hedging and fencing at least 6 feet high (in places over 8) but there was one vulnerable short section of low fencing between us and next door which she could easily vault. With the agreement of our neighbour, I protected this section by erecting a couple of 6-foot high panels on our side of what is legally their fence.

After getting the dogs settled, I entered into a 'conversation' with the contractor who advised me that the new fence was going to be even lower than the one it was replacing, I enquired about the reinstatement of my panels only to be told that I was too late, they'd been chopped-up and thrown in the skip, :realmad: . I then noticed that the boundary shrubbery, which is all on my side of the line, had been fairly comprehensively destroyed - it looked like someone had walked parallel to the fenceline, about 3 feet into my garden and simply sliced through everything in their path with the chainsaw. "Had to be done mate. Only way we could get access to the fence to remove it."

It's going to take a lot more than the previous couple of tall fence panels to secure the boundary now. It also transpires that the new fence won't be going in until the second half of next week so I've now got to find some way of securing our garden in the meantime. My partner Jennifer is currently not well enough to take the dogs out on their leads, hence them being given free-run of the garden, and I'm not prepared to imprison them in the house for several days on end.

Then, I'll have to look for a longer term solution to the knee-high non-barrier that'll be in place. Current favourite is to utilise the new clearing that we have between the shrubbery and the fenceline and construct my own Trump-style obstruction to our dogs' walkabout intentions. As it will have to stretch all the way down from the garage to the pavement, it'll be visible from next door's front windows (the old panels weren't as they were up close to the building) and it probably won't be the prettiest thing to look out on but quite frankly - TOUGH!

Starting work in just over an hour so tomorrow is going to be a busy day, always assuming I can keep awake long enough to achieve anything.

• Sad 3

Sue the bastards for destruction of your property. They have and had no right to trample on your garden, they are just being lazy bastards and fuckwits. Any damage caused, plants lost they will have a duty to replace or repair, including your two 6 foot fence panels.

• Like 1

The small print.

I agree. At a minimum, have your solicitor send a strongly worded letter to both the contractor and your neighbours setting out your claim for the damages arising from unauthorised trespass and resultant damage to your property.  In this case the damage to your place was deliberate, not merely negligent. The neighbours should be ultimately responsible or the actions of their contractors and I suspect that by this point the chance of a friendly neighbourhood relationship is well and truly down the shitter in any event.

• Like 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

On 02/08/2019 at 22:00, C8RKH said:

Sue the bastards for destruction of your property. They have and had no right to trample on your garden, they are just being lazy bastards and fuckwits. Any damage caused, plants lost they will have a duty to replace or repair, including your two 6 foot fence panels.

Completely agree with this, but I’d speak to the neighbours first. Contractors are a law unto themselves and you may find that your neighbours will be as pissed off with them as you are. They also hold the power to withhold payment until restitution sorted. There is no excuse for any damage. A fence can be installed entirely from one side 

I don’t however agree with complaints about whether the fence is suitable for OP dogs. if it is the neighbours fence then I’m sorry, but it is their choice as to what they have. If the fence they instal doesn’t meet your needs the only thing you can do is to install an entire second fence your side.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Colin P said:

don’t however agree with complaints about whether the fence is suitable for OP dogs. if it is the neighbours fence then I’m sorry, but it is their choice as to what they have. If the fence they instal doesn’t meet your needs the only thing you can do is to install an entire second fence your side.

Totally agree with this bit.

I put a razor wire fence, with machine gun turrets and claymores up. That kept the neighbours little shits, sorry, I mean darlings, out!  😂🤣😂🤣

• Like 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Completely agree with this, but I’d speak to the neighbours first. 

The voice of reason, at last. By all means talk to the neighbours when they get back. It will be much cheaper, both financially and emotionally, if you can reach a satisfactory resolution before having to escalate the issue. On the other hand, let them know that you are prepared to escalate if it can't be resolved.

As for the additional panels you installed, it seems to me that as the neighbours gave permission for the installation they should be required, at a minimum, to give you reasonable notice  that they were rescinding the permission. At that point you may well have to consider putting up your own fence. I t also occurs to me that if the neighbours were acting reasonably they should have had someone there to supervise the contractor instead of just buggering off and leaving their contractor with no direction as to the appropriate performance of their work.

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Having recently redone our fence on both sides, both neighbours offered to pay half as its shared, and thanked us for doing it. Both happy with the results too and quality. Sorry you had such hassles. They also had a dog (spring-bat) and they were happy to keep him inside while work went on

• Like 1